Friday, April 27, 2018

Springtime Reading

Morning friends! The weather has been lovely here in PamKittyVille and I've been spending time outside on the patio.  I don't have a fancy yard but I love sitting outside on my swing enjoying the fresh air and listening to my little frog fountain and seeing my pots of flowers.  I have the feeders all filled up and there are lots of birds coming around.  Spring is the best time of year.  Sadly it's probably over in another 20 minutes or so and there will be nothing but relentless sunshine and high temperatures but lets not get ahead of ourselves.


ohscrap
 
Yesterday I sat out back and read through Lissa's new book Oh, Scrap ( I received a digital copy from Martingale to read and review, and the following photos are from their website. ) Lissa's scrap quilts are legendary.  Oh, Scrap! reveals Lissa's secrets of fabric selection by showing swatch cards for the quilts and a bit about the fabrics on it. 
 
ohscrap2
 
Surrounded is my favorite quilt in the book.  I've seen so many wonderful examples of this quilt made both scrappy and with two colors.

ohscrap3
 
Of course I'm drawn to the cheerful colors of all the quilts.  This is another quilt that says MAKE ME.  The whole book is filled with them. Lissa's instructions are great, and the photography by Brent Kane and Adam Albright is wonderful.
 
The book is filled with inspiring  projects and beautiful photographs, but it also provides lessons on color, scale, density and value , fabric storage with scrap quilts in mind, and that nudge you need to get started. The introduction by Barbara Brachman gives you a history of scrap quilts in America.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.
 
Thanks to Martingale for sending me the copy of this book! It's inspiring!  Hope you guys have a great weekend. xop

4 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

I love this book! I want to make every quilt in it. Let’s hope I make one!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Anorina @SameliasMum said...

This book looks great and I enjoyed following along with the blog hop. Enjoy your weekend x

8:00 AM  
Blogger Annelies said...

I peeked at that book when I was visiting Pine Needles quilt shop in Utah. Lots of inspiration ❤️

2:33 PM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

It is a book of treasures - and I too found the introduction by Barbara Brachman fascinating. Enjoy your Spring. Our snow has 'almost' disappeared, but snow is in the forecast again for today. Hopefully on a 'smaller' scale this time :)!

5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older