Tuesday, September 05, 2017

Tablerunner Tuesday

Good morning! How are you friends?  I know here in California we've got a lot of summer left, but Labor Day weekend always feels like the end of the season to me.  Was it fun?
 
Today is the first day of the Tablerunner Bliss Sew Along.    Sherri's book is full of great tablerunners for all occasions.  The first in the book is Blossom, and you can check that out over on Anorina's blog today.

TableRuner Bliss

Buttercup is the second tablerunner in the book and I couldn't resist going with some yellows for this tablerunner based on the name.  Fat Quarter Shop invited me to select some Moda fabric for my runner, and I chose from the 30's Playtime line by Chloe's Closet. 

TableRunner Bliss

Those little dogs caught my eye right away and I knew I had perfect props to go with it!  I can't resist the cheerfulness of 30's reproductions. 

buttercup tablerunner

Buttercup sewed up so fast, and I think it turned out so cute.  It's a quick project to stitch up and I quilted it myself with a lot of stitching in the ditch quilting. I love a project that it bite sized, that you can cut and sew without really having to think about it too much.  I love sewing!

buttercup tablerunner


There's two new runners each week, on Tuesday of course and here's the schedule:

  • Tuesday, 9/5 - Anorina (Samelia’s Mum) and Pam (Pam Kitty Morning)
  • Tuesday, 9/12 - Sinta (Pink Pincushion) and Tina (Emily Ann’s Kloset)
  • Tuesday, 9/19 – Lorna (Sew Fresh Quilts) and Connie (Freemotion by the River)
  • Tuesday 9/26 – Amanda (Jedi Craft Girl) and Jennie (Porch Swing Quilts)
  • Tuesday 10/3 – Tina (Emily Ann’s Kloset) and Sherri (A Quilting Life)
  • Tuesday 10/10 – Sinta (Pink Pincushion) and Lisa (In the Boon Docks)
  • Tuesday 10/17 – Vickie (Spun Sugar Quilts) and Susan (yardgrl60 on Instagram)
  • Tuesday 10/24 – Taunja (Carried Away Quilting) and Lorna (Sew Fresh Quilts)
  • Tuesday 10/31 – Greg (Grey Dogwood Studio) and Melanie (A Bit of Scrap Stuff)
  • Tuesday 11/7 – Melisssa (Happy Quilting) and Kim (Persimon Dreams)

  • You can follow the #tablerunnertuesdays and #tablerunnerbliss hashtags on Instagram to see all the pretty tablerunners!  Grab a book and make a runner, and add the hashtag so we can see what you're making!
     
    Thanks again Fat Quarter Shop for the book and the fabric!

    Have a good week friends! xo






    8 Comments:

    Blogger Lorna McMahon said...

    Those 30's fabrics with the little scotty dogs are adorable! Your Buttercup runner turned out so cute. What a great project!

    6:07 AM  
    Blogger Lori said...

    your runner is so sweet

    6:13 AM  
    Blogger works4me said...

    Your runner turned out very well. So pretty with the yellow.

    6:43 AM  
    Blogger Miss Jean said...

    Adorable!! And a Scottie that I don't have! Stay cool out there!!

    9:17 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    SO PRETTY!
    msstitcher1214@gmail.com

    10:37 AM  
    Blogger Missy Shay said...

    In MO it was 90 yesterday and high 70s today, hopefully the 70s last for a while.

    5:55 PM  
    Blogger Kathy said...

    I love this idea for a blog hop - "do-able" projects that fit into a working woman's weekend schedule!

    4:18 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for sharing your great runner. I loved seeing it hanging on the quilt ladder.

    12:40 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home



    Newer›  ‹Older