Tuesday, February 07, 2017

On a roll...

Hi there!  I'm on a roll here this week.. a half roll that is.  I fell in love with a quilt that Fat Quarter Shop shared on Instagram and decided that I would have to make it.  It uses their Orange Peel templates and their Round Robin Pattern.  I hopped online and ordered the Birds of Liberty Half Roll and as a special treat I picked up the adorable small Lori Holt Cute Cuts mat.  Just because.

FQS Orange Peel
 
For some reason, I had thought the half roll was half length strips, like 2 1/2" x 22, why?  No idea. It has 18 full width of fabric strips, and if I hadn't already traced my small template onto miles of Quilter's Select Appli-Web Plus I would have made it bigger. As it is, I  only used 22 inches of each strip to cut these 144 small orange peels.

FQS Orange Peel
 
I'm not sure which fabric I'll use for the background.  I need to check my stash of dots or maybe a white on white. Have you seen Nadra's version on Instagram? Precious. 
 
Well time to make some decisions.  I'm looking forward to a lot of blanket stitching.  A LOT!  Happy days!

3 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

It's posts like this that get me in trouble! Those orange peels are very cute. I will have to add the templates to my bag of tools....well it's really a closet but you knew that too!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

You are super good at blanket stitching!! I think these fabrics would be pretty on a white on white background. This quilt will feel like springtime and be so adorable.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Helen Philipps said...

These look so pretty!!
Helen xox

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older