Friday, October 14, 2016

Friday

Greetings friends!  How are you and how was your week?  I had a very pleasant week here in PamKittyVille.  The weather was quite nice and cool, chilly in the morning with the windows open but I toughed it out. I love all the fresh air that comes in and soon enough I'll have to keep things closed up.  It's one of the nicest times weather-wise around here, temps in the 70s, cool nights and mornings.  Sunny but not so blisteringly hot.  Quite lovely.   I spent the week doing a little of this and that.


Motto

A long time ago I ordered a little Buzza Motto that I thought was so cute.  It featured a sweet little poem about friends and neighbors and with a charming little village.  It really captured how I feel about all you friends I've made here online, I've been so lucky.  I know, sentimental feelings.  Yikes.  Anyway I finally got around to having Bret cut some glass for me for a vintage frame so I could put it up on my wall.  I have it over the shelf in Frankie's room.  I've been very lucky and it's a nice little reminder. 

Shelfie
 
I've also had this little shelf ALMOST as long as that motto.. I finally got it up on the wall.  So cute right?  It's really skewed so there's just no getting a picture of it where it looks straight.  I spent way more time than I'm ready to admit auditioning little items to put on it.   DAYS.  That little chair pincushion..  one of my first copycat purchases.. Alicia Paulson from Posie Gets Cozy had one and it appeared in photos here and there.. I found this post to show you.  Back in the first days I was reading blogs I would visit Alicia's, it was THE blog to follow.  Just looking back through the old posts, so magical.  I remember when my blog appeared on her blog list.  I DIED. To be on the bloglist of someone so famous.  Ohmy.  Seriously people it was an enormously big deal.   Oh the good old days.  But you guys know that. I still follow along, although I don't comment much anymore.  Man I loved those days.  And that little chair. 
 
Well so much for all the sentimental talk!  Next week more about sewing.  For those of you following on Instagram you've seen a peek at the little applique I am working on.  I'm enjoying the slow steady pace while going through all my stuff.  Frankie will be shocked when we don't have to shoe horn her into her old room!  Happy weekend! xo


 

 

4 Comments:

Blogger Tami Von Zalez said...

I could see that little shelf and its contents residing happily in my house! I have been in a "red" mood wanting to find red knick knacks - just because.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Betty4 said...

Your blog sure makes a person happy! I love seeing what you are working on. Posie Gets Cozy is another happy place.

7:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this post is so reminiscent of the past, talking about the dailyness of life. I still love your blog and Alicia's. Hers is more photos but still so magical. Time marches on. Love that you are still at it, sharing your days with us. You keep things real, and I like it compared to the people who are just selling their brand.

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Summer said...

That little shelf is so cute ♥

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older