Friday, October 07, 2016

Friday!

Hello Friday!  I'm headed back to my stunt sewing roots this week.  Alex called me and asked if I wanted to make a bag for the quilt market display of her new fabric line Mirage with RJR.  YOU BET. Sewing with a purpose is my favorite kind of sewing. 
 
Alex Anderson Mirage
 
I love the big focal print, it begs to be fussy cut.  So I did, for a tote bag. I'll show you when I finish it up.  I have some perfect green handles the will go great with it.  Mirage ships in March/April.

Alex Anderson Mirage
 
Quilting in the Garden was a couple of weeks ago and Alex took a class from Freddy Moran and used her Mirage advance yardage for this fun Freddie style quilt.  Don't know Freddy? Just google her name and you'll see a slew of amazing quilts.  She's truly a quilting legend.   


alex anderson
 
Alex also showed me her latest rulers, mats and rotary cutters from Quilter's Select. That cutter is pretty amazing.  I love the soft gray of the mat, nice and neutral. 

quilter's select ruler and cutter

That's all that's up here.  I love stunt sewing and it was fun to catch up with Alex.  Everyone is so busy it's hard to connect up in real life!  Hope you guys have a great weekend! Happy sewing! xo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older