Friday, September 30, 2016

Catching up.

Hi there friends! How was your week?  Seems like it's been an age since I was here chatting about things with you!  My trip was wonderful.  I made it thru Pumpernickel Valley both coming and going, thank goodness.  It did seem a creepy, especially since you can see for miles and there were no cars. The drive went fast, not just because the speed limits are higher in Nevada and Utah but the time just seems to go by faster when you're headed to visit friends. 


pumpernickelvalley
 
Alpine Utah is nestled at the foot of the Wasatch Range, and it was just my luck that Wednesday it snowed up at the higher elevations.  I could look out at those mountains for hours. Nanette and I went to a few quilt shops, Just Sew ,Broadbents ,  Provo Cotton Shop and  The Cornwagon.  That was super fun.  So nice to run into Amber at Just Sew and  Shannon at Cornwagon.   I have met so many wonderful people through social media and it's always so exciting to see them in real life.

Snow
 
Saturday Nanette and Dave, her husband, took me for a nice long ride around the Alpine Scenic Route. It's the beginning of the fall  leaf  peeping season, and it was really breathtaking. Lots of snow on the ground at the higher elevations, beautiful blue skies at times.  What a fantastic ride.  I have a ton of blurry car photos and this one.. that shows things mostly in focus! 

FALL colors
 
Of course there was plenty of time for sewing and chatting and hanging out.  I made all the tree units for my Legendary quilt.  Now that I am back home I'm working on getting them put together.

sewing trees
 
They were time consuming but pretty mindless once I got into the routine.  Just drawing a line and sewing away.  Nanette managed to get a ton done, and I hope she shows off the quilts soon.  I love the fall quilt she has up in her entry.  You can see it over here on instagram.
 
Well I think you're all caught up now!  Tell me what you've been up to! Have a good weekend. xo
 
P. S. how can it be OCTOBER tomorrow???

2 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

We got to view the same fabulous color with the snow at higher elevations. So nice for us So. Californians! We are having a grand time road tripping to KC for our granddaughters wedding next weekend. No quilt shops, lots of buffalo, a few long horn sheep and antelope and deer. And National forests and parks, such fun!

6:32 AM  
Blogger Missy Shay said...

I love your tree!

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older