Friday, March 04, 2016

TGIF

Man this week could not be over fast enough.  How was it for you?  Hope that it went well, regardless though, IT'S IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR.
 
I've seen lots of pretty Splendid Sampler blocks out on FB and IG.  What about you?  I whipped mine out, it's a cute block. I'm trying to add more colors as I go.. who knows how it will all work out.  I suspect for me sashing will be the great equalizer!  You can find instructions for Focal Point over here on the Splendid Sampler website, and you can read more about designer Natalia here on her blog, Piece and Quilt.


Splendid Sampler
 
Now that it's time to think about packing up for my retreat, I wanted to share two new additions to my  travel equipment.  Olfa kindly sent me this new Folding Cutting Mat which is perfect for on-the-go sewing.  I think one of the hardest things to bring with you is the mat... and it only takes one time of leaving your mat in the car in even the slightest of bent positions to know it's far to valuable of a tool to risk damaging. This mat will fold up and slide into a tote bag.  Thanks Olfa, and thanks for making those life changing tools. (You can click here and see my video where I talk about life changing things! Its been almost 4 years since I made it but it's all still true. )

 

Retreat Tools
 
Also on deck is my new Clover Wedge iron. I ordered it after seeing a demo in the Clover booth  at CHA in January.  My regular iron takes up a lot of space and is  power hungry so not practical for this sewing trip, but I'm not ready to give up having a dedicated iron!   I hope this little iron does the trick for me.
 
Clover Wedge iron

Olfa Folding Mat
 
 

Olfa Folding Mat
 
The lines on this mat disappear with the slightest pressure, so once you lay your fabric on it you can't see that fold at all. 
 
Ok, that's about it for today peoples!  HAPPY WEEKEND! xo

3 Comments:

Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Thank you for sharing the Olfa mat and the Clover iron. Your block looks so cute with the strawberries and spring colors added. Enjoy your retreat!!

6:29 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

I just got that mat too! Thank you Mass drop. Can't wait to hear about the retreat, I am green with envy.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older