Friday, October 23, 2015

Cozy Cottage

Hi there peoples!  How was your week?  I had a busy happy sewing week.  I dropped some quilts off to be quilted over the weekend and it was a huge load off my mind.  For now anyway. 


Cozy Cottage
 
Did you order a Cozy Cottage Calendar?  I couldn't resist, I love all the photos and it's just the right set of colors each month.  I still use the old fashioned kitchen calendar method of organizing the family.  Not that anyone else has paid much attention to it over the years, but I keep track of birthdays and appointments and that kind of thing. I've saved all the old calendars and often have to refer back to them for information.  When I was working my first job out of college  I made the mistake of tossing my work calendar at the first of the year, which was basically a work felony.  YIKES.  WORK JAIL.
 
But as usual I digress.  I wasn't paying attention when I was cutting and cut out the 4 inch cottage block instead of the 8 inch.  I couldn't let it go to waste, so I stitched it up. Now I want to make a bunch of them. They're so cute and tiny. Will I actually do it? Who knows.
 
Hope you have a fun weekend everybody. xo

5 Comments:

Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Happy Friday~
And I love that you didn't let a mistake stop you from playing.
Clever you~

8:40 AM  
Blogger Shelia said...

Tiny, now that's a cottage. So cute.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Freda's Hive said...

I love tiny blocks. But usually I'm not cutting precise enough and they go off on me. Yours is darling.

1:14 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Finished the pennants fro Ahana's room and we hung them up on Sunday. Now I am home and trying to ignore the beastly tee shirt quilt I committed to make...hmm probably time to make some pincushions ahead of the holiday rush.
And your house is adorable...a couple more like 3 and you could have the cutest pillow!

5:36 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

and your comment about the work calendar made me laugh....when I retired in April I had the last 10 yrs of paper calendars to say nothing of the desktop calendar everyone had access too. It was so freeing to throw them away!!

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older