Monday, September 28, 2015

Quilting in the Garden-2015

Hi there friends!  Hope you weekend was a happy one!  I had a great time  attending Quilting in the Garden with some friends.  I went with my pal's Deb and Debbie, met up with my online pal Mary Ann for the first time! So much fun meeting in real life.   We ran into Keiko there and had a nice visit with her too!  I ran into my friends Carol and Sharon, who I hadn't seen in a long time.  It was a great day!

Quilting in the Garden

This year there seemed to be more quilts and more attendees!  I sat with Alex for a while and got a sneak peek at her new book, All Things Quilting. It's pretty fantastic.   I know often I just think of Alex my friend, but she changed the face of quilting with her show Simply Quilts.

Quilting in the Garden

Freddy Moran was the guest artist this year and her colorful quilts were on display all though out the nursery.  We're lucky here in the bay area, we are a quilting epicenter with so many legends living here.

Quilting in the Garden


Quilting in the Garden



Quilting in the Garden

Plum Cute

Tracy Souza from Plum Cute Designs was vending a the show.  She's got her now super famous block of the month that was in a gang  shoot out!  You can read about it here on Facebook.

Quilting in the Garden

Quilting Legends Diana McClun and Laura Nownes were in attendance.  Their book, Quilts Quilt Quilts was considered the Bible  when it came to learning to quilt when I began quilting. 

Quilting in the Garden

 
Quilting in the Garden


Quilting in the Garden

Sally Collins was also a featured artist, and of course quilting legend. .  Her quilts were in a little conservatory building, as they're smaller in scale and need to be appreciated up close. Sally to me is the most famous for her precision quilting and complex designs.

Quilting in the Garden



Quilting in the Garden

Her work is amazing.  If you ever have a chance to see her quilts, or hear her speak, or even take a class, do it! 

Quilting in the Garden

Even more legends, Sandy Klop was in attendance.  Her big booth under the oaks was chock full of patterns and fabric and goodies.  I am so lucky to have been learning to quilt in an area with so many people who have shaped our industry over the years. 

Quilting in the Garden

It was a great weekend and I felt refreshed and inspired and ready to start the week at my sewing machine.  How was your weekend?

4 Comments:

Anonymous ANNIE said...

Where was the Quilting in the Garden???ANNIE

7:30 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

So fun to meet finally Pam. And this post is the perfect summary of the wonderful show! I didn't take as many photos as I thought so I will send my family and friends here to see my weekend activities. Lunch the next trip.😘

7:42 AM  
Blogger Freda's Hive said...

What fun. Great quilts/people, and Sandy Klop. Love the pics.

12:55 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- you're a LUCKY girl! It looks like an amazing event -- I'd especially love to see those teeny little quilts. And you got to meet MaryAnn -- you're TWO lucky girls!!!

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older