Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Wednesday

Hi there! Happy Wednesday!   Monday ended with a pretty spectacular sunset and a good night sleep so Tuesday went a lot better.   A LOT BETTER.  I could tell even though I woke up extra  early Tuesday I felt better.  It was much cooler yesterday and that made a big difference.  I moved a fan into my sewing room and had a pretty nice sew afternoon after running some errands.  Even my sewing went well, there was Law and Order on, what more could I ask for? Thanks for all your comments of support. 

sunset
 
I saw this the other day .. people are really embracing the water rationing in town.  Lots of brown lawns even in the nicest neighborhoods.  Our front lawn still looks pretty good, only because we have a big tree out front that shades it, so it takes less water to keep it green.  Our back lawn is another story.

Brown
 
I hope that I'll soon see some interesting landscaping projects start.  We've also been considering synthetic grass, anyone have that? How do you like it?  There are so many great options for style and color now, all of it looking really life like. Including some that look like a crappy lawn, so basically realistic in our case.  I bet by next spring we'll see a lot of changes around town.
 
So that' s it for today.  What are you up to? Can you believe it's July?
 
 
 
 

8 Comments:

Blogger donna said...

Pam I am so glad you are feeling better.
Hope you have a great day.
Hugs
donna

5:45 AM  
Blogger Bev said...

Glad you are feeling better. I felt better yesterday and then went to Walmart....

We have people who are putting up signs that say "well water in use". I guess people have gone up to their houses. The older, urban neighborhood I live in has houses that were here before city water and lots of them use their wells to water their yards.

I'm still valiantly collecting Pam Kitty fabrics. Slowly but surely. I don't want to use them because it takes so long to afford them...lol.

Happy 4th!
XO

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to read you are up to your usual perky self this morning. I highly recommend the new Taxi Brooklyn police program this evening. A new twist on crime!

Lots if ideas to save water for plants...keep a few clean milk jugs to run water into until it gets hot for washing dishes, etc.

Sad to see groves being pushed over in this end of the San Joaquin Valley.

Celebrate the 4th.

8:56 AM  
Blogger greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

Brown is the new green. Gotta love that! Glad to read that you're feeling better. It's hot and humid here but nothing like what you have. Too hot for your morning coffee outside?

9:24 AM  
Blogger julieQ said...

Glad your day was better! Sleep is a great healer.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Sherry said...

Glad you had a better day today. I can relate to the Law & Order fix. I love me some Lennie Briscoe sarcasm! :) The weather is just plain weird again this year. Normally here in IL (near St. Louis) it is so hot & humid for the 4th of July. Today, about 76 low humidity, same for tomorrow and only low 80s for Friday. I'm NOT complaining but I don't remember it ever like this for the 4th of July! Two days ago we had a heat advisory with temps in 90s and heat index over 100. Strange! Stay cool - Happy 4th of July!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Library Gal Quilts said...

We are letting our lawn go in stages and hope to do something drought tolerant . Hard to see it though.

11:39 AM  
Blogger Golden Girl said...

Do you have an attic fan? They are very effective.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older