Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tuesday

Yay for 3 day weekends right?  It's always nice to have that bonus day with my working peeps home and this was the first time when no one  had any big work projects to take time away from relaxing. Of course there's always things to do around the house, aren't there? I got in some good sewing time. 

bee block
 
It's late in the month, but I've got my Sew Sweet Bee  block done for this month. I'm sending it off to Jennie today. It was very fun to make. I like the strips for the middle blocks, and how it's all pretty low volume. 

bee block
 
No more toddler sewing for me anymore! I ordered myself a nice red Bernina chair just like Alex's from the Dublin Sewing Center. I am in love with the red red RED. (you can check out  a video with Alex and the chair here) I'm back sewing at the right height and it's great.
 
Bernina chair
 
I've been doodling around the sewing room lately, low pressure stuff, and it's been fun.  What did you do this past weekend and what are you sewing on? There are so many great projects that I've seen over on instagram.  I'm inspired and intimidated! 
 
Have a great week everyone! xop

6 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Made the last Swoon block and started to assemble the top. Exciting to see them all together finally. And I did some real mindless sewing for a quick quilt, a little slice and dice on a layer cake. I do love a quiet weekend now and agin. This block is so pretty all blended with low volume. Have a great week Pam.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Little Quiltsong said...

Love the Block and WOW - what a beautiful chair! I'm so happy for you - congrats!!
I'm trying to finish up some scrappy quilt tops - into finished quilts - it's slow going, but it is going.....:)

12:16 PM  
Blogger elizabeth ann clawson said...

I love that quilt block!!!

3:17 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

I spie Scotties! I love the block!!!!!

10:18 AM  
Blogger greg @ grey dogwood studio said...

Cute star block, Pam! This past weekend was a big blur with all my museum hopping! I just thought of you now because I needed some mindless sewing so I am working on STRAWBERRIES! Not exactly mindless, I know... but at least I don't have to think about work!

3:58 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I'm working on this block right now. love the red chair.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older