Thursday, February 06, 2014

Hello Thursday

Hi there how are you?  I managed to finish that hello pillow  yesterday late, and this is photo proof.  I made a simple envelope back for it. I love the look of the covered buttons I used to use but it turns out I'm lazy. I won't even bother giving you the excuse that the buttons might hurt if you leaned against them, even though that does sound kind of legit, right?


Hello
 
I'm a little bummed, my pillow, an alleged 14" x 20" travel pillow from Target, isn't really 14" x 20". It doesn't fill up this pillow cover at all, and it's 13.5" x 19.5", but then it's for sleeping and not for being cute.  I like my pillows to be nice and tight, a tip I learned from Elizabeth.  It's pretty easy to make, and I'll work on a little tutorial in the next few days.  In the mean time, get inspired for your own Hello Pillow here.   You can read about Bari's pillows here, and Amy Ellis is hosting the Pillow Collective here. And be sure and hop on over to Amy Smart's, she's got a darling Valentine's Day tutorial, along with a lot of other great pillow tutorials!
 
Ok, that's it for me today! Hope you have a great day, and if I don't get back here tomorrow, have a great weekend! xo
 
 
 
 

11 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

I love this pillow! What a darling idea and of all the "hello" pillows I like yours the best. Pinned it. #makeonesomeday =)

4:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So beautiful, love it!

It is a wonderful and friendly message " hello", I will have to make one very soon.

5:06 AM  
Blogger Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Oh so cute!! I love it, can't wait for the tutorial!!

5:08 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Eeeeek! That pillow is SUPER DELICIOUS!!!!

7:28 AM  
Blogger vintage grey said...

I love it!! xo Heather

9:42 AM  
Blogger Andrea @ Mouse in My Pocket said...

This is adorable! Can I ask how you cut out your words?

10:46 AM  
Blogger Nancy B said...

One of Bari's hints for a tighter fitting pillow cover is to cut 1" shorter all around. Then it should be nice and snug. Your pillow is very cute.

Happy Sewing!
Nancy

10:40 PM  
Blogger Sentimentally Me said...

wheeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! I love it love it love it!! HELLOOOOOOOOOO PKM Style! Very cute :)

xo P

5:01 AM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

Hello! Adorable fabrics for an adorable pillow! You might think about removing your pillow cover and washing and drying it with warm temperatures.

Have a great weekend. I'm quilting!

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Very cute, Pam. I have to make one of these for my bed in my "Little Blue Trailer" aka Pam Kitty trailer.
The hello is just so sweet. I'll be watching for the tut. Thanks for all the links, but yours is the bestest.

3:16 PM  
Blogger amy smart said...

I LOVE this pillow! (and thanks so much for the shout out.) ;)

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older