Thursday, September 26, 2013

Inspiration

So yesterday I was working on cutting backgrounds for my basket quilt, and got to day-dreaming  looking  off in my hutch and my eye caught those cute little vintage forget-me-nots. Well at least that's what I've always called them.  The actual forget-me-not flowers are very invasive here not unlike the millinery version. I can't resist them when I see them, so I have a bunch of little bundles of them here and there.


inspiration
 
As usual I digress, which has been a serious problem for me lately.  Hence the cutting for baskets, STILL. I know, and I'm not done.
 
ANYWAY.
 
Those little flowers got me thinking about Terry's cute Hexie Garden quilt, and so I pulled these out to cut. Those hexie flowers reminded me of these little vintage flowers and OMG how cute would this be? I'm debating on doing a white background or waiting till my pink dot on white arrives. Maybe have yellow centers? or mixed centers? And should all the starry centers be one color or mixed. SO MANY CHOICES. 
 
Today Frankie and I are off to meet up with our pal Amanda of HeyPorkChop fame. Do you follow along with her? I love her style, my favorite thing is following her on instagram.  She has a lovely way with composition and her photographs are so interesting to look at.  We've got a fun day planned so I better get ready!  Hope you're having a good week!  Just in case I am not back here tomorrow, let me wish you a happy and fun  weekend!!! xo

4 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Such a sweet quilt that Hexie Garden! I love flowers and stars. As always, so many projects, so little time!

I love HeyPorkChop! Great little blog and sweet projects always. I purchased Amanda's Halloween Sampler and I am dying to start it when I have a free moment!

5:56 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Grumble, I do not need another project in the queue! Bad enough you have me itching to do the basket quilt and not I have actually gone and ordered the Hexy flower patter...sigh. Have a great time, I follow her too on IG!

5:58 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

LOVE the squirrel vase!

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

I didn't know you could still find those little "forget me nots" I used to use them a lot for crafts. Aren't they so sweet and the little squirrel vase is too.
I too like the Hexie Garden quilt. A little different than the original Grandmothers flower garden. I am still loving making tons of hexies out of PKM fabric. They are great hand work for watching all my favorite reality shows.

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older