Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Flashback


Yesterday I finished making my Thimbleberries pillow for my cousin Linda.  It was a year ago May that I last visited Linda and we had a great time.   Linda lives in a Minneapolis suburb and we went out to Hutchinson to see the Thimbleberries Quilt shop and check out some antiques stores. We'd been there years before and loved it.  Glad we went, as that shop has changed hands and Lynette Jensen has semi-retired I hear. 


Thimbleberries Pillow
 
I'd picked up the fabric to make a pillow and being a Professional Procrastinator, I'd managed to put off making it too it's just a couple of weeks till my trip back to Minnesota! So now it's done, just need to sew the buttons on the back.  I have a lot of fond memories of my Thimbleberries years, I used to run a club way back when the Thimbleberries club first started.  I remember loving the trips to market to see the new fabrics and the new club projects, then sharing all my actual photos of what was coming. You know, back in the days when just about everything from market was a secret till you got there! It feels like a million years ago.   
 
Ok how's your week going?  Guess I should get busy with the day! xo

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeanna said...

Beautiful pillow. I have a Thimbleberries UFO from 2009. Maybe I'll get to it next year. You see, I am also a Professional Procrastinator. Nice to know I am in good company :)

Enjoy your day!

5:12 AM  
Blogger DianeM said...

OK...confession time...I have a handpieced sampler quilt top all made with Thimbleberries fabrics from the LAST century! I just never motivated to layer it up and handquilt it :(
I still like to thumb through Lynette's early books and enjoy her home decorating and collections. Your pillow is beautiful...what a nice present for Linda :)
Smiles, DianeM

6:03 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- haven't things changed? Your style now is so far from Thimbleberries LOL. I'm surprised to hear about Lynette retiring -- I used to go to her shop when we lived in MN. Have a good week PKM!

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older