Friday, June 21, 2013

R&R


Tuesday Bret and I took a quick trip down  the central California Coast to San Luis Obispo. It's a favorite trip for us and even though we only had one night to stay there it was worth it. The weather was perfect all along the way, which is unusual for this time of year. 

Central California
You pass by a lot of agricultural land traveling down 101. It's very beautiful, and you see summer crops in all stages from fresh plantings to harvest.

Two Susan's Antiques in Paso Robles
First stop was Paso Robles for breakfast at The Cowgirl CafĂ©, which was delicious. It's a favorite spot for us, we've been several times, and even Elizabeth and I have stopped in Paso for lunch and antiques.  New to the neighborhood since I'd been there was Two Susans Antiques.  Really cute place, super nice Susan there to chit chat with us.

One of the Two Susans
Another shop that is adorable is The Cottage.  It love the vignettes they have set up there, but they have strict no photo policy. 

the Cottage in Paso Robles
Another new stop for me is Birch Fabrics. What a cute location, and of course the shop is filled with great fabric. 

Birch Fabric

After our shopping we headed over to the coast through Cambria and down Hiway 1 to San Luis Obispo. It was windy and cool, we stopped along the beach front in Cayucos to take a look at Morro Rock.  When I was a kid we'd camp in Morro Bay at the State Park, we had a little canned ham style trailer. My father's Aunt Milly lived in San Luis Obispo so we'd visit her while we were there.  I always have a good feeling when I see the rock.

Morro Rock CA

As usual we stayed at the Apple Farm InnI love everything about the place, I'm sure long time readers know that already! This year I only grabbed a couple of photos of the pots of flowers.  You can see in those older posts there's usually a lot more blooming, but it looked like the grounds keeper was busy pruning and cleaning up while we were there.  It didn't spoil my trip one bit. 

Apple Farm Inn SLO

Apple Farm Inn SLO
It was a great time. I just missed Annelies by a couple of days. Wouldn't that have been fun? Now it's back to business around here.  Hope you all have a great weekend.. any plans?

6 Comments:

Blogger Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Sounds fabulous. I miss the central coast so much!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Annelies said...

Oh my goodness....a SHOUT OUT on your blog. Now I do feel important (G)!!!
We will hope for a meeting at the AFarm one day. Has been such FUN emailing back and forth. Now I adore you more than ever... does that come across as "stalkerish" as it sounds???? XXX

12:53 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Looks like you had a great time PKM! You're so lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world. And does Annelies know she's in a long line of stalkers??? ;-D

8:20 PM  
Blogger Sasha said...

What a wonderful little getaway =D I've just been spending lots of time outside with our kitties. I picked some blueberries this morning, but they weren't ripe yet...talk about bitter/sour face LOL =P

8:15 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Just checked out the link to the Apple Tree Inn - wow that is sure pretty! What a great mini-vacation desination!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Florence said...

Mmm nice trip ! Thanks for the pictures !
I visited California in April for the first time ... it's a very, very nice place ! I'll keep the link of Apple Farm Inn for the next time !!!

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older