Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wedensday

Good morning!  How is the week going for you?  I managed to get some things checked off my list. Yesterday I headed over to Diana's to drop off my quilts.  I even scooped up an old one at the last minute, it's a top that's been folded up and laying around begging for attention so I told her to put in the 'when you have time' queue.  She quilts for Joanna as well as several other people who attend quilt market, so I have to get my stuff in before she gets swamped.
 
It's my favorite time of year around here, blue skies, nice temperatures and everything is green. Pretty soon it will all be crispy brown, it gets  pretty hot here in my little valley. Not like central valley hot, but close enough.  But my trees are leafing out and my Lady Banks roses are blooming.

backyard bliss

They only bloom once, but they bloom their hearts out for you.  Mine are just starting.  I always think of Elizabeth when I see them. She's the one who told me about  them, and quoted something her dad said about the bloom, so to me they're a nice garden reminder of our friendship.  

backyard bliss
 
My lilac bloomed out. You can see a busy little bee flying by, the yard is buzzing with activity.  Lots of lady bugs this year, hopefully eating up any aphid that I don't see without my glasses! 

backyard bliss
 
Ok, I'm already one cup of coffee into my day so I better get to work! Hope you're all  doing well. I'm so sorry people who still are getting snow!  I would send you some sunshine if I could! xo

11 Comments:

Blogger mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Pam, absolutely beautiful quilt top on last post! You do such lovely work.
xoRobin

5:59 AM  
Blogger Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Beautiful flowers on your lilac and roses!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

The lilacs are so lovely. Wish there was a scratch and sniff to go along with the post.

6:55 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Sunny days and not-too-hot temps...the perfect combination. Your lilacs are amazing.

7:32 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Oh how O wish we got lilacs in SoCa, I miss that intoxicating scent that shouts " Spring"

8:15 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Send some sunshine my way. Actually, it is sunny today. Monday was 72 and sunny. Yesterday was 23 and snow, snow, snow. Back to sunny today. It buried whatever little flowers I had coming up. I miss my Lady Banks Rose. They are one of our favorites.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I love to see spring before it hits here. WE have a few buds but it is going to be a cold week. Maybe next week we can go outside with the girls again.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Sinta Renee said...

It's great to be a little bit ahead of the game isn't it? Less stress later. I can't wait to see what you have been making!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Auntie Pami said...

My lilacs don't even have leaves. And, my Lady Banks has been in rose heaven a long time.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Andrea said...

Pam do you grow a certain kind of lilac around here? We want to plant some but weren't sure if it got cold enough or not. We have seen a few around town but I wasn't sure if they were a special kind that did okay in our warmer climate.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Sasha said...

Your flowers are so pretty, especially the lilacs!

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older