Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday

Good morning! As usual the week has flown by. Are you done with all your Christmas preparation or are you in complete denial about it like me? I'm just playing around with all these random projects, never quite completing any of them but still having fun.


candy canes
 
My test run glittered up candy canes look pretty good here.  They're not dry yet, but I couldn't resist  getting a photo of them. Why?  Because I know you're on the edge of your seats waiting! Haha I crack myself up!  And what else is there? A fabric bracelet! I saw a link to this tutorial on Pinterest and then became obsessed with finding the ribbon clips to make them. Super fun I tell you, although my fine motor skills are severely lacking when it comes to hooking those jump rings to the little clips and then the clasp.  But honestly, it was so much fun doing it I don't care.  
 
So that's how it stands today.  Hopefully I'll get something else done, who knows what! Any big plans for the weekend?  I think I won't plan a thing and just hope for the best!! Happy Weekend!

7 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

Your candy canes are so fun. Thanks for not keeping us in suspense any longer. = ) You know what would be cool? Make those braclets using your selvages. Wouldn't it be fun to have those cute little hearts and PKM on your wrist? Gifts for designer friends too with their selvages. Good thing I don't own any ribbon findings or I'd be making braclets this weekend instead of doing what I need to do. Have a good one.
OMG I just realized I had this huge dream last night that you and Elizabeth invited me to this gigantic sewing class. There were thousands of people there and I couldn't find my pattern. ha

6:25 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Just like you Pam, I am distracted by cute new things I need to try...last night it was holiday mug rugs. made 6 tops, will they get quilted and bound this year ? that remains to be seen! have a great weekend, mustn't loo to close at those canes and bracelet.

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Jenny said...

O.M.G. The glitter is AMAZING! They were great before but now they're oozing with blinged out fabulousness!

And ha, ha....Christmas preparations? What Christmas preparations? I'm in complete denial!

7:00 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

I need some fun little projects like this to pull me out of denial. I love the versatility of this stripe!

7:28 AM  
Blogger dokiquilts said...

i spent the day yesterday making bookmarkers with those ribbon clips, selvedges and little charms. cute projects you have there!

8:18 AM  
Blogger CuteStuffInside said...

Cuter than Cute! The added touch of glitter is the icing on the cake!

Wishing You A Sweet Christmas

8:24 AM  
Blogger Bari Jo said...

Oh I love the glittered candy canes! Now I want to do this, too!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older