Thursday, August 23, 2012

Routine

So what did Wednesday hold for you? I love back to school season, everyone seems so excited and energized. Long in the past for us, but I remember the reluctant return to a scheduled life. It has always been a better life for us though, I know a busy organized routine helps me get more done than my normal lackadaisical approach to each day.


Recently Melissa sent me this darling set, a little mat for my coffee and a sleeve for my french coffee press. I've taken quite a few pictures of it, but my coffee press is so water marked and gross looking I've finally decided that I won't detract from the set with it! It was a lovely surprise and I really like using it. (although carefully of course.  I DON'T WANT COFFEE TO GET ON IT.) Its a pretty set to start the morning off with and I always feel cheerful when I use it.
 
Today Bret has the day off and we're going to work around the house a bit getting things organized. The weather has temporarily cooled off so the timing is perfect! If I don't get back to you tomorrow, HAPPY WEEKEND!!! I will want to hear all about it on Monday! xo

6 Comments:

Blogger ✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

My oldest daughter who is six got back last night from a little vacation she took with her dad to San Francisco. She missed the first two days of school but the whole point was to spend time with him because he works so much. They had a blast and I'm glad they are home now!

5:32 AM  
Blogger Reb Thack said...

My oldest starts K in Pleasanton on Tuesday. She's super excited - and I'm even happier to have a more structured routine for my littles. My youngests goes to school year round, so no real change for him, except for more one-on-one time with me. For me? I hope, like our mentioned to be more productive in the face of a crammed packed schedule.

I'm off to meet up with my daughter's friends from her k class for a morning at the water playground and lunch - then home for some quiet time and maybe I can finish up my first quilt (yeah, right :-).

8:45 AM  
Blogger Bari Jo said...

Your new coffee set is adorable! Your mug goes perfectly with you! Sweet gift! Ah... fall... our baby is a senior this year... not sure where the time has gone but it sure goes fast!

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

I love your little mat and sleeve. How sweet that she made them from PKM fabric. Even sweeter that your mug matches. Hope you got lots done. It is still too hot here to get much work done. I have a store room that needs to be gutted come fall and cooler weather, but for now, I'll sew. Have a great weekend.

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Angelina said...

It's so cute! Sometimes cute things need to be used for maximum enjoyment even at risk of getting them dirty.

I dread back to school only because I'm scared of how Max will do - but I love it for the return to a more regulated schedule. We all do better with a more fixed routine. Plus, you know, I hate summer and back to school means fall is almost here. yahoo!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Robbienae said...

Now that is a darling coffee mat made from PKM fabric!

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older