Monday, March 19, 2012

The one with salty language

What did you do with your weekend? It was National Quilting Day on Saturday, did you do anything quilty? I had a great day in my sewing room starting on a crafty project with Frankie, finishing up my granny squares and working on my asterisk blocks.


I also tried a little faux Union Jack block ala Nanette, which of course is a very clever idea. However both the asterisk and this faux Union Jack continue to thwart the #$&* out of me. My strips do not line up and DAMMIT (there see, I'm reduced to salty language on my blog!) you know how much that totally bugs me!!!! So, I think now that I have a pillow's worth of asterisks I'll finish that and step away from the asterisk block for a while. I think we need to take a break.

But it was super fun! I finished a lot of little tasks that needed completing and feel so happy about that! Hope you had a great weekend too!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger My Vintage Mending said...

Beautiful. I see nothing but perfection. Smiles...Renee

5:26 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

I didn't get to sew Saturday, it was the day to cook Corned beef and Cabbage with Soda Bread and feed everyone. But Sunday i did get to finish up a backing so the quilt can go off to my quilter and then begin to plan a new (notice I didn't say next since I have piles of UFOs) quilt for a toddler. As you said, it was fun!

5:27 AM  
Blogger randi--i have to say said...

ah, you old salt! cuss away! :)

i am really looking forward to seeing all the granny squares and what you do with them!

5:48 AM  
Blogger Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Ah, a little salt never hurts. Gotta blow off the steam! A better choice than the one I've made... I have not pieced or quilted in ages, because the last thing I worked on was being inconceivably wonky and unruly! Maybe if I just give it healthy dose of saltiness, I can get over my frustration and finish what I started.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ouch... can hear clear across the country! But love the results that you achieved!!

6:25 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

Look at your stack of granny squares! Wow. And I love your pincushion nestled in there with all the cute projects.

I spent hours hand quilting while the storm blew through. Now I'm ready for some sewing time.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

I think the blocks look great. Mine didn't exactly line up that great either. I'm less picky than you. It bugged me for a moment but then I moved on and made more. Everything in that picture looks scrumptious. Eliza is almost 6 lbs today. Yayy.

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

They look great to me and you are forgiven for a little salty language once in a while. I don't think I will try that one, but I will be doing some granny squares as soon as I finish my Dresden.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older