Tuesday, July 05, 2011

All good things..

So how was the long weekend? We had a bonus day here, Bret took Friday off. That's always a treat for me, we get to have some fun but also get some chores done. The weather got hot again, which isn't my favorite thing. Trying not to complain as we have temps in the 100s. I know you AZ people have it a lot worse. And ...there's no humidity so really I'll curb my complaints. (as best I can, seriously I'm only human.)

Of course yesterday was Pat's annual 4th of July Brunch. I was lucky to be invited again this year.



Her shady backyard is perfect for an outdoor event, and it was quite pleasant.. I was surprised when my car told me it was 100 out front.



It was really the perfect spot for a PamKittyMorning.



Inside and out it's a holiday!



The menu always changes and the food is always delicious. Who doesn't love a pot luck?

Just a small part of the party crowd.





Pat's garden is decked out in patriotic finery. I'm always inspired to really get busy when I get home. Sadly I'm lazy or I'd be out buying plants and flowers today.



Pat received this pretty pincushion as a birthday gift this year. It's so cute..vintage looking and fun.



It was a great time again, and I thank Pat for inviting me and for everyone for being so welcoming into the group of long time friends.


Ok, tell me what you did this weekend!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

I spent the greater part of the day in my sewing room. I finished a UFO which means I can start something new...right?

6:22 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I spent the long weekend in Kansas with my son and his family. They had a huge party with fireworks you wouldn't believe. Today we fly home to California.

6:33 AM  
Blogger Melissa P said...

The days went by so quickly I can hardly recall what I did. But there was sewing, relaxing, eating and relaxing. But I think you could send some of that heat southwards. It didn't quite feel like July here.

Why is it that I always love to see other people's nicely done yards and cute decorations but my own looks like a "This Old House" audition tape?

Have a great week!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I am still unpacking boxes, but took some time to sit outside with my husband on our new back deck. We tried to ignore the fact that it was 100 degrees out!

7:37 AM  
Blogger ferne said...

I spent most of the day out in my yard, playing, and sweating and enjoying every minute of it! Then I made a post for my Growing Thymes blog with pictures from my adventure.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

The hubs and I went to Sunday breakfast at our favorite restaurant. Either the air conditioning was broken or the owner didn't want to turn it on, but it was hot! Anyway, we bar-b-qued yesterday and tried to stay cool.

I love Pat's yard!!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Goosegirl said...

Oh fun!! Everything looks beautiful!
We drove out to Bodega Bay and had clam chowder and fish and chips. Then we drove up Highway 1 and went to the beach and ate cherries and had a gorgeous day! No BBQ or fireworks for us, but a perfect day all around.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Now that's my kind of party. I love the red stars. Really love that. Red is the unexpected for the holiday. And of course the food looks great. The red dishes are to die for.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older