Friday, April 29, 2011

Secret Garden

We have kind of a tumbled down secret garden thing going on out back. Right now there's just no time to deal with demise of our trellis, so it's just hanging there looking decrepit till we have a free weekend to replace it. Mostly because we really don't know quite how to tackle this job and we're absolute masters of procrastination.



When you peek through the opening into what should be a delicious flower garden, you see that I did relatively little there this year, just cleared out as much of the weeds as I could and not up root all the sweet pea volunteers from last year.


The sweet perfume is heavenly. I crawled around and picked as many as I could and have little bouquets around the house so no matter where you walk you can catch the tiniest scent.


Sweet pea days are short. Once they stop blooming I can really weed out the garden, the pea tendrils are attached to everything giving those weeds a temporary stay of execution.





These wild flowers are all over. They look like some kind of pea, right?




Hmmm my sewing room is a mess but smells so sweet. I read a blog recently where people were commenting they wished that bloggers would share what kind of sewing machine they have. I have a Bernina 1260 that I use all the time, and a Bernina 180 that has an embroidery module. Don't use it much which is a shame, it's a wonderful sewing machine. I just love my 1260.


So that's the poop. Next week is the for sure count down! Have a good weekend everybody. xo

13 Comments:

Blogger Miss Jean said...

I have an arbor as well that is made out of wood. It's starting to look sad. Wish we would have put in a vinyl one. I'm not looking forward to replacing it down the road.

Although I have a 440, I love my 1090 the most!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Wait! I thought the countdown was to today LOL! Shall I give you a stern lecture about using your embroidery module when we're at market??? Seven more sleeps for me -- how many for you? Have a fun and productive countdown week!!!

10:02 AM  
Blogger sewfunquilts said...

Living in HOT S.Tx, I'd forgotten about the wonder of Sweet Peas and their vines. As a kid I remember we had them all over our fences.

11:37 AM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Oh I love sweet peas and didn't get them in this year. Take a lot of sniffs for me.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous lily boot said...

i adore the fragrance of sweetpeas - they're my favourite flower. And it's the perfect time for planting them in Australia - you've inspired me to do it tomorrow! Enjoy you fragrant home.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Such lovely flowers! I just brought some into my home, too. Smells wonderful!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Oh, my goodness..the countdown is now! I have a big project for Joanna I'm hoping to make good progress on today...probably won't cook for the family needless to say! But it helps to know others are having the same kind of crazy day I am!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Missing the sweet peas..didn't get any planted. Please send some sniffs this way!!

1:16 PM  
Blogger deb said...

sweet peas are my all time favorite...love them!!!!

8:45 PM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

Sweet peas are my totally, totally, absolute FAVORITE and I never remember to plant them at the right time, so I hardly ever have any, except what I can steal from the neighbors! I'm jealous!

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also have a Bernina 1260. I bought mine in 1996 (I think) and love it as much today as the day I brought it home!
Elaine

5:10 AM  
Blogger Lois Grave said...

Im hoping for an arbor this year - we live on a lake in central Minnesota and spring has not arrived yet -my poor iris are just standing there waiting patiently for some sunshine and warmth ---but my Christmas Cactus bloomed for Easter, go figure, -my hoya is blooming so all is as it should be -with the late spring I ahve more time to quilt. Love your block

9:38 AM  
Blogger Sandra said...

Congratulations! Very nice block.

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older