Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Milking it.

I know.. trying to stretch out the weekend events into a multi-day blogfest really isn't cool. But seriously people, it's dudsville around here otherwise. Buying some rabbit cage litter and waiting in line at Borders doesn't make for great blogging.
I felt quite thrilled with my finds this weekend. As you know, I'm a hardcore copy cat, and I'm not going to lie and say I didn't covet the little planter Elizabeth had scored on ebay for a song. When she pointed to this one with the blue flower, hers is yellow, I died and then snatched it up, because I COULD STOP LOOKING.
I don' t have the patience for ebay searching.
Next up is Skunkie. I picked him up at the farmstand sale from Stephanie of Ruby Rose. When she saw me showing it off she said "Oh you got Skunkie! He was in my yard for years." Then she had her friend snap the picture of me holding Skunkie. I love vintage yard art. (Ann that frog is not safe.)
And because I love this particular type of begonia, I was very thrilled to find this lovely specimen in Cambria at the Garden Shed. You rarely see them and believe me the next day almost all were gone.. thank goodness I picked this one up. It did quite well in my trunk even though it got a tad sunny.
Sadly I squandered my sunny day not taking a picture outside, so back to the bathroom studio. We are back to rain again, which on the one hand is wonderful because California always needs water, but on the other, the gloom really gets to me. Gotta shake it though, we're getting into sewing season!!!
Ok peeps, just so you know, you're the greatest. xo

11 Comments:

Blogger mascanlon said...

Love your finds. I do wish I had been paying attention and maybe I could have gotten DH on the road, its only a 3 hour drive North of me. We could have been wrestling each other for Skunkie! But I bet Elizabeth would have helped you and I would have been left in the mud empty handed just like now so look at the gas I saved.

5:56 AM  
Anonymous Amy O'Kane said...

you are the wonderful gal who bought Skunkie? I saw your sweet post on Susan Branch's blog and clicked to find out more. I am the cupcake lady and we all enjoyed you and your lovely friend- great handbag, too, by the way. :)

6:49 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Skunkie is sooooo wonderful - I want one too!
xoxx, R

8:51 AM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

So, had you actually bought Skunkie yet, or did you have to buy him after Stephanie caught you walking away with him?

Now I want one of those begonias. Why didn't you make me buy one?? It's all your fault that I don't have one of those cheering me up today in this gloomy rain!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

Susan Branch has a BLOG? Where is it?

I am sadly out of touch with the world.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Well, just so you know, I won't be able to rest until I find a Skunkie of my own. Copying can go both ways!

12:06 PM  
Blogger dokiquilts said...

oh, please drag this out as long as possible!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Rae Ann said...

Great finds! I love that kind of vintage hunting! Skunkie is adorable! My grandfather loved watching skunks and always refered to them as "Pole Kitties"!

5:32 PM  
Anonymous Mom Wald said...

We love it when you share your goodies. It doesn't matter when you got them. Did you get anything good at Border's? See, it's interesting.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Skunky is cute! He's only safe from me because I live 600 miles away.

You need to curl up in a brightly colored PKM quilt, put on your favorite episode of Crossing Jordan and drink some iced coffee. Won't that cheer up the gloom just a bit?

But really, it will go away soon. It always does in CA.

5:54 PM  
Blogger Where in the world is Jefferson City, Missouri said...

I love the planter. Did you know it is a wallpocket and very collectiable? I have over 200. Any thing that has a pocket and hangs on the wall is a wallpocket. They are so expensive in the mid west now. I started out at buying them all under 10. Now your lucky to find one for 10. I even have a skunk wall pocket. You use to put matches in him to hang in the bathroom for the stinkies......good find.

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older