Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Along the way

I know, I know, nothing worse than looking at other people's travel photos, right? Look away now, I'm doing photos along the way to Texas today. I can't help it, I have a ton and I did manage to weed it down. Tomorrow will be the coming home photos. I love taking pictures out the window of the car, and now I'm subjecting you all to them!
Sunrise, a little bit north of Button Willow.
I love the Welcome signs to other states. California has no sign along 10, I can't believe it.


These are some of the most pristine Saguaro cactus we saw. I think they were transplanted there, it was the entrance to a fancy shopping area I think. I just love how they look, exactly like cactus should look.


These mountains are so beautiful and the sky, I could take wonderful sky and cloud pictures all day. But for you, I'll try and control myself.

This is on the way out of Arizona. Again, amazing.


New Mexico. Today I'm sending off my money order for the ticket. Thank Goodness for the Cracker Barrel, otherwise NM was a bust. Sorry New Mexico lovers.


Thank Goodness I 'd learned my lesson by the time I got to this spot. I think it's a clever ruse, we didn't see any construction along the way.


Oh I love Texas and it's 80 mph speed limits. And the people for the most part do drive friendly. Thanks for the good time Texas.

8 Comments:

Anonymous happy zombie said...

I love your shots from when you drive. Even more... I love being in the car with you drive and take pics. Every time I take a pic while driving, I say I'm "doing a Pam shot".

Love the pics, love the tour! And FOR REAL I'm grabbing my keys and running errands. And I may just "do a Pam shot" along the way.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

... car with you WHEN YOU drive and take pics...

11:45 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Love the cactus and you are probably right, they might be transported. But they are really lovely. NM not my favorite either.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Jana Nielson said...

Dear Pam Kitty,
I want you to know how much I have enjoyed your market posts. You are my favorite!!! I am sad that I didn't get to see you at market. Jaybird, Mid Ohio, and P.S I quilt told me they talked to you, and I was jealous.

Thanks for all of the fun Market love!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Sewing Geek said...

HA. I am not the only one who drives across the country and has to photograph the Welcome signs in each state!!! I have a lot of those pictures.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Raesha D said...

NM must have been a bust cause you DIDN'T CALL ME!!!!!!!!! Seriously, you probably didn't even know I live in Albuquerque:) Next time you drive through though you better call me:)

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam,
IF your road trip had gone through the Texas Panhandle, you would have seen cowboys....they are everywhere. So glad that you had a fun, safe trip......the pictures have been great.
Hugs, Barb

8:43 AM  
Blogger Hill Country Hippie said...

Glad you enjoyed your visit here in Texas. I've lived here all my life, and just finally made it to the Houston Quilt Fest. last year. Amazing! Next time you need to spend some time in our neck of the woods - the Texas Hill Country. You haven't seen Texas 'til you've been here!

P.S. Just found you in my new copy of Blogging For Bliss - what a great book!

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older