Friday, August 28, 2009

Red Letter Day

More bathroom studio shots. Its just the most convenient place to get a shot of purse with the handles up. I used a variety of the Red Letter Day fat quarters and lined it with a nice sturdy cotton duck. The duck helps it stand up on it's own without an extra layer of stiff interfacing.
Lately I'm using a lot of Fusible Fleece and Fusible Thermolam, and I like them a lot. I used the Thermolam on the outer portion of the bag. I had great luck again, none of those weird fusing spots that look wrinkly. I have some Peltex I'm interested in trying as well. The price is right and it has the firmness that some of the other more expensive fusible products have.
I was looking into interfacing and other fusible products and came across this over at the Pellon website. Thought you might be interested.
So anyway, it was a super fun and cheery project to work on and I hope would be Lizzy approved.
p.s. the cookies get thumbs up!

15 Comments:

Anonymous mkdquilts said...

Hey Pam, thanks for the info. Just FYI, I had to shrink the pellon page to print out (and then use my glasses to read it :) ), but it's great to know.

7:21 AM  
Blogger chq said...

Love the bag, and I imagine Lizzy is going to love the bag enough to want to "borrow" it from you! "Borrowing" with my daughters means 'thanks so much, by the way you will never see this item again'.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Sinta Renee said...

Really cute Pam! I love the handles and the sweet little ruffles on the bag. Good idea for the lining fabric too... I'll have to try that.

8:36 AM  
Blogger LizzyHouse said...

hey, can i borrow this?

super great job, Pam!

8:49 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

So adorable, as I knew it would be! No fair, Lizzy, I get dibs to borrow it FIRST.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous happy zombie said...

Squealy cute! I especially love the ruffled button. And the little ric-rac touch. All of it, so darn cute. And coming from you and Lizzy's fabrics... NO SURPRISE!

9:52 AM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

Oh Pam. So CLEVER how you replicated the prize ribbons in the button adornment. I love clever and clever people, did you know that? ;-) SO CUTE to boot!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Library Gal Quilts said...

Ah, that is just perfect! I love the prize ribbons and the circles are just adorable! Thanks too for the info. Have a wonderful weekend. I think you deserve a prize ribbon! xo Pam in Chico

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

REally pretty! Love this colors

11:20 AM  
Blogger Candace said...

Not only is it worth a ribbon at the fair - but it comes with its own ribbons! So cute, Pam! I love the idea of cotton duck for lining - leave it to you to come up with such a great idea!
Cheers!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Kathi D said...

I will have to try Thermolam. I hate the pickly look that I get with fusible fleece sometimes, so I usually put it on the lining, when I would really rather have it fused to the exterior.

12:00 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

Love the ribbon! So clever Pam.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Darling!! And thanks for the info...very helpful!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

VERY cute Pam! Love that adorable button!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Cuteness to the millionth degree! Thanks for the tips, too. Will try that out.

xx
becky

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older