Sunday, July 05, 2009

Festive 4th

So peeps, how was your holiday weekend? Have some fun, get lots done? I was invited to a pot luck brunch at my friend Pat's house and it was so much fun.

Pat told me I could take all the photos I want, and I did take a ton. Of course in my excitement they aren't all that great. I can't be trusted anymore I guess. There was so many wonderful vignettes and with the meeting and greeting and eating, well..
Now is that porch cute? I can see this would be the perfect place for coffee in the morning. The neighborhood is totally cute and there's lots to see.

Inside lots to see too. Pat is a quilter, and I met her through friends and also through quilting. Her home is simply adorable, with wonderful details at every turn. I have let you down though Pat, my photos are really crappy.

These are like some kind of soft focus pictures, I don't get that at all. But at least you can get the idea of how nice her home is. Here's the guest book station. Her guest book holds greetings from past 4th of July parties, and there are photos of the group each year. It is such a clever idea.
Little flag favors to take along to remind us of what a lovely time we had.


The back yard was wonderful. The weather could not have been better if she ordered it up special. I way overstayed my welcome and it was perfect outside the whole time.




Here's Pat on the right with Sharon.





Beverage station, of course I'm trying to capture all the wonderful pitchers and bowls there, rather unsuccessfully. Pat has a wonderful supply of vintage pieces.


No detail is left out with Pat.



My beverage station.. Pat had non-stop Peet's coffee going!









And the food.. ohmygosh.






Here's one of this years group shots! I am so happy and thrilled to have been invited to the party! Thanks Pat!

6 Comments:

Blogger Sinta Renee said...

What a great way to spend the 4th! The food & sourroundings look so festive and fun! I spent the afternoon making a PKM purse:)... which I will post later today!

10:56 AM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

Ahhhhhmazing! I loved the tour of Pat's home and seeing all the festivities. I especially love the shot of the beverage station. The red... the white... the blue... the yellow. Dream. Y.

12:36 PM  
Blogger mascanlon said...

I loved the vintage pieces at the beverage station...lucky Pat and Lucky Pam to get an invite!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Patricia Fullmer said...

Thanks for all the blog photo love and sharing in the fun day...pf

3:34 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

Okay ... so I don't believe I have ever met "Pat", but we clearly share the same taste in blue and white dinnerware. She has a leg up on me when it comes to the star shaped ice ... too darling for words and I never would have thought of it.

I'm just happy that you were able to be outside with ice that could maintain it's shape for more than 4and a half seconds.

It just felt cool to look at the pictures. Lucky you.

4:40 PM  
Anonymous Busy Little Quilter said...

Her home is beautiful. I love all of the 4th of July decorations.

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older