Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Cosmo

Good morning peoples, how was the long weekend? We had a great time here.. the weather was perfect. Not too hot, cool in the evenings. Good sleeping weather. I still feel like I'm catching up from that long weekend at Quilt Market !!!
Got the machine out at bit last week, although the place is still a premarket jumble. I have stuff piled up everywhere. EVERYWHERE. If I'm not careful I'll need an intervention. I did get a chance to test out some Cosmo embroidery on the spool. You know, everyone is talking about it for handwork, but what about us folk that only do machine work?

Check it out, the 2 strand Cosmo on a spool works just fine! I used a couple of pieces of really lovely scrap fabric and got started. And look how nice it turns out.



I used my Masterpiece in the bobbin (oh my how I love that thread, color Canvas!!) and I think the tension looks as good as it regularly does with blanket stitching. I always want it to pull a bit to the backside so no bobbin thread appears.


I know, too sunny but I wanted to show you the little box of thread Nireko sent me to play with. All very pretty. I even tried some regular decorative stitching, little flowers and some scallops, all turned out wonderful. I feel like this opens up a wonderful door to use pretty threads on the machine. I'm sure tons of people do it, its new to me though, and maybe to you?



Ok peeps, off to Frankie's for a couple of days, see you when I get back!!! xo
P.S. Brenda has moved.. check out her new blog, set up your links and don't miss a word.

20 Comments:

Blogger Sherri said...

Gorgeous threads! (And fabric too)!

6:48 AM  
Blogger little acorns said...

You are a genius to try it on your machine. . . I never would have thought of that! Okay. . . so that's it:
PKM = genius. (!)
xo, Bren

7:43 AM  
Blogger ferne said...

I've never seen this before, but must check it out! Thanks for the tip...I love working with my machine, it is so much more precise than me.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Deb Silva said...

Glad to hear you had such a nice weekend. A long weekend has such possibilities for fun.
Can't wait to hear more about Cosmo!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Library Gal Quilts said...

Well, I'll be I haven't seen this...must try! Masterpiece in the bobbin? Hmmm I always use Bottom Line...
This stitching looks amazing...I think it looks even better because 1. you did it, and 2. it's pink! Have fun with your sweetie girl and rest up! Pam in chico

8:26 AM  
Blogger Domestic Designer said...

I would be going crazy if I had all those goodies to play with!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oooh that box of thread...love those colors so much! I think I need to see if it works on MY machine. You know, over here at MY house.
I'll be expecting you to share, ok?

9:50 AM  
Blogger alobsiger said...

Yummy! Looks like great stuff. Will you keep us posted on where we can get it?!? There are so many things I'm hunting for right now that I need to add ONE MORE THING to the items I'm hunting for. Sheesh, the list keeps getting longer...

11:06 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

That blanket stitch is pure lovliness. So beautiful. Gotta get me some.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Candace said...

I would do just about anything to get my hands on those spools, Pam! (Well, maybe not anything, but close to it - LOL). I've searched high and low but nowhere to buy it, so I sit and wait and hope someone gets it soon, 'cause I'm dyin' here! Whew - thanks for letting me rant - I feel much better!
Have fun with Frankie!
Cheers!

2:13 PM  
Blogger little acorns said...

Hey!. . . thanks for spreading the word about the new blog home. Your the best Pam!!!
xoxo, Bren

2:34 PM  
Blogger CuteStuffInside said...

I simply must have some of that thread!

S.W.A.K.

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Lauren said...

This is gorgeous. Only problem is I doubt we can Get Cosmo in Australia. What other embroidery threads have you used for blanke stitch on your machine?

7:22 PM  
Blogger jen duncan said...

That Nireko is a clever gal for sending to you. We all MUST HAVE SOME now!!

8:00 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Perfect blanket stitch! I will try some of that thread and see how I do with it. I am a newbie at machine applique and am determined to improve my skills and get away from the invisible plastic thread!

7:48 AM  
Blogger happy zombie said...

Saaaaaaaaweet baby Cosmo! I never would have though to machine stitch with it. It's just beautiful, Pam. And your last photo... eye candy. Candy, candy, candy!

1:51 PM  
Blogger suz said...

It never occured to me that the Cosmo thread could be used in the machine. I've just ordered some and I think my machine applique buddies will be very pleased - I'll direct them here to see your results. I've just caught up on your blog and loved all your photos. I have a picture of you and Elizabeth that I'm showing everyone when I show off my photos of Quilt Market (my first one). I also tell them how after 2 hours in Sample Spree, totally disheveled and sweaty and loaded down with bags, I accosted you and Elizabeth as you were heading into the convention center-why you both didn't run in the other direction and try to find crosses to protect yourselves from the crazy lady, was beyond me-a thought that came to me once I got in my car and realized what I had done! Oi vey! To top it off, you were both so nice the next day allowing me to take a photo of you! Well, it was exciting for me to meet you both. I thoroughly enjoy your blog and I own a large number of Elizabeth's patterns, so for me it was special to get the opportunity to meet you.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

You are so clever!! Now I need to get some of this thread!! Great close up photos of your beautiful
work.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Jennifer Paganelli said...

loving it all...so good to catch you in the aisles of Quilt market..xoxox

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older