Friday, March 13, 2009

A Cautionary Tale

One day a lady named Pamkittymorning sent an email to a famous friend giving her some advice. You know, instead of minding her own beeswax. She told her friend that her blog feed on Bloglines only showed up as "My Weblog" and she should change it. (if she knew what was good for her) Then she made her friend work on it like crazy all morning.
What the full-of-herself PKM didn't realize, changing her blogfeed name would in fact render all subscriptions to the old blog feed useless. All the people subscribed would be waiting and waiting for news and nothing would come.
So it turns out that PKM isn't the genius she thought she was.
So peoples, the only advice you should take from me today is to go visit her hopefully-still-friend Sherri and say hi, the now humbled PKM sent you. And if you're subscribed to her blog on Bloglines, please update your subscription.
If you could do that for me today, I'd really appreciate it.
Your friend. PKM

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam, you are too funny! I really appreciate all the help I can get, as I am pretty clueless about alot of this blog stuff. Thanks so much for the post-Your the best!
Sherri

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, remember that time when we were walking across the San Rafael bridge, and you said, "hey, what's that down there?"... and I looked... and you told me I had to lean over more to see it... "no, lean more"... and I did... and then then I slid through that opening. Remember? Come on, you remember. You told me it was for the greater good.

You're a good friend PKM, and it was so nice of you to help your friend out.

4:33 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Oh Pam...you sure did a good job of eating that humble pie...and you know what....I found Sherri's site....for the first time...so that's a good thing....! and it doesn't look like Sherri's too upset with you...you were only tryin' to help!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I"m glad you mentioned Sherri's blog, I hadn't seen it before, but I'm a follower now!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Sounds as if Sheri may benefit from this! This computer stuff will kill ya. I accidentally screw things up pretty regularly. Most of us did not grow up with computers, therefore, we are digital immigrants. I think we are doing pretty good, when you look at it that way.

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Consider it done Miss Humble Pie, my oh my!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Crafts a la Mode said...

I wasn't subscribed to Sherry's blog but I went right over and subscribed so maybe that will help. Linda

9:45 PM  
Blogger Camille said...

he he... Pam, you crack me up! Just so you know, if you click on her name, and then click edit in the top blue bar, you can change the name of the subscription. But you probably figured that out by now. :-)

12:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to worry Pam, we all visited and now we know about Sherri's blog so it's all good.... :-)

2:30 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Sounds like something I would do.

Done! Over and out.

- Suzanne

6:49 AM  
Blogger Carrie ~ Cricketwood Prims said...

What are friends for......I went over and got lost viewing all her cute wonderful bags. Which one should I make first.....and such cute little carrot eating bunny!!

11:00 AM  
Blogger CuteStuffInside said...

You are a genius! Thanks to this post I just found out about another great blog!

S.W.A.K.
www.CuteStuffInside.blogspot.com

7:01 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

You are tooooo much PAM!! lololol Always helping a friend out that's you.

3:20 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I knew she would forgive you. You know you're impossible not to forgive, right?

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older