Friday, October 31, 2008

Quilt Market let down

Wow real life is such a downer. At the grocers yesterday not one person said "Oh, are you PamKittyMorning" or asked to take my photo. Mostly it was "get out of my way, I'd like some carrots too please." What's up with that?

Anyway, after my brush with jury duty, I had to get back to work. I'd forgotten I had a key to Alex's house and while she's working Quilt Festival, I need to get cutting up some fabric in her studio. (and selling her underpants on ebay, oh just kidding) Speaking of Alex, here's the quilt I quilted for her way back when. It's a darling quilt and I wish I had a cool Popsicle right now!


Here's some of the folk that came by to visit us. How international we are, chatting it up with Rosalie and Melanie. We really had a good visit and it was wonderful to talk to them. I heard they had a great show, hope that's the case girls.

Here's our pal Cyndi Walker, it's a lot less Cyndi than spring market and she's rocking her new look! Love that shirt Cyndi!
Gina at Sample Spree!

Here's Kay Whitt, Cyndi and Elizabeth hanging out in the aisles before the official start of market. Cyndi's going to make that great trench coat pattern, I can't wait to see it!


Here's a peek at Kay's booth. She has soo many great patterns, her purses are darling and the clothing... I could swoon over it.







Ok, that's it for now. I'm tired and having a little trouble getting photos into blogger, can't tell if its me. Here are more blogs that have quilt market posts, Cottonsnwoollens and Hyacinth Quilt Designs, check them out!

And speaking of check things out, check out Elizabeth's website Late Bloomer Quilts. All her new patterns are loaded on there. Ohmyheck I can't believe how cute they all are.

Ok, Happy Halloween people! xo

16 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You took a bunch of great pictures!! Love them all. I will be e-mailing you the ones I took later when I rub the sandman sleepies from my eyes.

2:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh and BOO! Happy Halloween!

2:48 AM  
Blogger Minick and Simpson said...

Can I have your autograph?

Laurie

4:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pam,
I love Alex and everything but that is one ebay sale I'll pass on (tee, hee). Glad you and Elizabeth made it home safely.

Sorry about you not being famous in the grocery store...try and hold your head up high though..."tomorrow IS another day".

Talk to you soon,
Jere'e @ Quilted Quickies

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you autograph my carrots? Cracking up about Alex/ebay - you kill me!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Ok, you made me spit on my computer! Hey, call me. If Alex isn't back, I'll run over and help sell tickets to guided tours to her sewing room! That's the ticket! We could make a fortune! I don't know what her hubby would say, though.......

10:50 AM  
Blogger Candace said...

What's wrong with those people - doesn't everyone know you are the queen-bee celebrity stunt quilter??? Maybe the Zombies of Halloween just came out early - chuck it up to that and know that we all love you! Cheers!

10:52 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Love that popsicle quilt! I'll skip the chance for Alex's panties, tho.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Library Gal Quilts said...

Dear Pam KM...with a wonderful name like Pam, you are already a special gal! I have my little kitty miso pretty sitting on my lap as I type this, so she must, in her own kitty way, know I am blogging to you...take a little cat nap and all will quilt out, xo Pam in chico

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee-hee, your post made me laugh so much!! I was walking through a big fabric store yesterday and wondering why everyone wasn't saying "oh, wow, its melly & me!!!" I was just one of the "normal" people hee-hee!! It is hard to come down to normal life - cooking, cleaning, renovations that need attention etc - arggggg all I want to do is sew! We did have a great market and are already planning for next year! Love the photos and thanks for the mention!!

1:07 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Elizabeth is sooo cute and tall!!!! WOW I wish I was that tal and thin. I've got the tall part down but I'm working on the thin. LOL

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack me up! Great pics from market! That popsicle quilt is too cute! I have seen lots of pics of you all over, you are famous, come shop at my Safeway and I will stalk you as you walk down each aisle and take pictures of what you buy! : ) I bet I could sell the pics on e-bay! Can't wait to see the rest of your pics! I don't think any of my favs had much new stuff. What did you think of Jay McCarrol?

6:32 PM  
Blogger Heidi Kaisand said...

Maybe it's the fact that I'm sleep deprived and ready to go home, but the e-bay auction just made me split a gut. Can you imagine that? How funny.

4:15 AM  
Blogger Anne Sutton said...

You are so dang funny! You could get a fortune on ebay. Biggest seller ever! Hey maybe you should pattern them! Get her jammies too and make it a matching set in the pattern. It would be easy, just photocopy them, and print. Everyone would buy.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Ok....can you pass the towel, Pam? I am drooling on myself! LOL.
Such amazing fun schtuff! You all look so dern cute and seem to be having a ball!

xoxo
Becky

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older