Monday, June 16, 2008

The Weekend.

So hey peeps, did you have a good weekend? We had a 3 day weekend around here. Bret took Friday off and we had a good time doing stuff. I love going places during the week, way less crowded although there is the commute traffic factor.

Friday anyway, we went to Garafalo's. It's a fun shop in Campbell that Tammy Gilley posted about here.

Its a great shop in a darling neighborhood and wouldn't you know it.. it's closing. So if you're going, they're having a sale!






They told me about a nice magazine about the central coast, go here to read all about it, you can download the first issue.

After checking out Historic Downtown Campbell we headed over to Panera's for lunch. YUM. I love salad and this one was so fresh and crisp, sweet-tangy tart.



After all that we went to the movies to see Indiana Jones. I thought it was just ok but I could be way jaded by the fact that the movie theater WAS HOT. Sorry, but that's just WRONG.


I don't even remember what all we did on Saturday, how bad is that? Got dog food, ate at Chevy's (which is boring without tomatoes)


Sunday we had breakfast out at Emil Villa's for Father's Day. Then we took a ride up Mt. Diablo. Turns out Bret has never been, so we went! Saw this fellow along the way.


A view of the valley I grew up in ... I can see my neighborhood from here, but that's about all I can identify. Here's a panoramic shot from the visitors center. The far left is around Benecia and Crocket, far right is towards Pittsburg and Antioch. I was amazed how far you could see. It brought back a lot of fun childhood memories for me, growing up at the foot of Mt. Diablo. It was always our landmark, and coming home from vacation it was a race to be "first one to see Mt. Diablo."


After a nice BBQ we went out for a ride to watch the sunset. It was a really nice weekend. Hope you all had a great weekend too! xo

9 Comments:

Blogger Happy Zombie said...

Funny... I meant to ask you if you saw any raccoons!

We've always said after going somewhere and when we'd finally see The Mountain... "we're almost home". To this day, I still say it/think it. Like a big welcome home door mat. But it's big. And bumpy.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Isn't it a shame that so many cute shops are closing. A real fave of mine in Pacific Grove called Wooden Nickel went out of business too.
I checked out the magazine site and it sure looks like a good one!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Nanette Merrill said...

Wow what a great weekend. Sounds lovely and relaxing. Utah doesn't have many nice "hot spots" to visit close, one of the things I miss about Pennsylvania. You can take tons of day trips there to really great places. Its also fun to see your old home again. Nice pics, as always.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Such beautiful pics! You pretty much always go to cool places! Except for hot movie theaters.

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your weekend looks so relaxing and fun! CRIKEY! How did I get four posts behind in my PKM reading??? This cannot continue! Oh, yes, I remember, summer vacation...

2:15 PM  
Blogger Mary's Cottage Quilts said...

Hi Pam, it sounds like a nice stress free wonderful weekend! I'm glad you had a good one!
mary

3:05 PM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

Hello there dear friend....I've missed our chats...

What I'm about to share over at my post, I've waited two years to experience...Nic's wedding....

Here's a blanket invitation to share in our joy....

let's chat

7:30 PM  
Blogger Miss Jean said...

Wow! Emil Villa's. My hubby would have been in seventh heaven. I've eaten at the one in Walnut Creek for 46 years. Always get the same thing. No need to change if it's always good! Glad you had a great day.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Tammy Gilley said...

No! I can't believe it's closing!! Man, I'm sure glad I got in there when I did! Hope you're doing well...xotammy

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older