Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Week in Review

Hi peoples! How's the week going for you? It's been busy here, lots of Law and Order Criminal Intent marathon action this week, and marathons mean time in the sewing room! I did a little sewing for Elizabeth, we traded some garment sewing for some applique help. My part of the bargain involved some of this.. The ruffler foot looks scary but it's one of my favorite accessories as you well know! My serger came out even..
... and I'm afraid I spent some time working on it, the blurry thread there is a little bunch that got caught up on the throatplate.. there was some bad language involved I'm afraid. And possibly some threats. But in the end we made up and we're back in business.

Elizabeth prepped my applique. I wish I could say I hand sewed it all down but I didn't. I blanket stitched it. You'll see that in the final Flight of Fancy block, Elizabeth had to do some more work before it's ready for the flowers. More on that in the coming weeks. I want to get that quilt done, I love it so much and want to see it to completion.

Tomorrow we head up to Sutter Creek for the Golden Threads Quilt Show. I hope some of you local peeps can make it up to the show. It's at 18 Main Street in the Sutter Creek Auditorium and Community Center. I miss seeing all the quilty people so I'm really excited about this trip.

Ok, peeps, have a good weekend !!!! xo

OH HEY P.S. Thanks for all the sewing compliments this week! You guys are the greatest!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm lovin' that ruffler foot.

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cross hatching appliqué is so cool. Seriously can't wait to see what becomes of it. And the ruffler and thread shots... all looks so very Dexter toolish to me.

Have a great time in Sutter Creek... and I hope it's smoke and fire free up ther!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Oh, I need to find a ruffling foot for the old vintage sewing machine I picked up this winter. I feel some ruffling coming on.

Have fun at Sutter Creek.

- Suzanne, the Farmer's Wife

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I have ruffler attachment w/my mom's 41 Singer need to figure out how to work it tho or get one for my Bernina easier than hand gathering. Have a fun and safe trip to Sutter Creek and look forward to pics.

12:21 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

that ruffler foot does look kinda scary...never used one myself so perhaps its time I did!! not much happening on the sewing front here....my machine is having a much needed service and wont be back for the weekend....so I will be hand stitching....can't wait to get the machine back...and I have ordered another bobbin case so I can set one up for free motion quilting so I don't have to fiddle with the "normal" tension....have a great weekend..

5:20 PM  
Blogger tina said...

I own a ruffler and haven't used it in a booboozillion years. That is a long time! You have inspired me to think about using it. Thinking about using it does not actually make such action happen. This perhaps takes more percolation!

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sewing machine is so old they hadn't even invented ruffles yet. I covet a machine that has a ruffler foot and can machine applique. And sew in a straight line. My circa 1978 Kenmore just isn't cutting it anymore....

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I could get to that show. Take lots of pictures!

5:34 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

A ruffler is an item I never thought I would need, but things change....

8:45 AM  
Blogger Shelly G said...

I had a ruffler long ago... I wonder if my machine has an attachment for it...hmmm... Have fun at Sutter Creek... you are going to be just around the corner...Take lots of pictures :)

3:14 PM  
Blogger Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love me a ruffler!!!!

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older