Saturday, October 13, 2007

PIQF- The Quilts

Finally, I have the quilts ready. I'm just going to let them speak for themselves, they're all so lovely. I believe that I have all the names correct, but if not, my apologies. I tried to make sure that I had the proper information to credit each quilt artist. This is just a tiny little selection of quilts, and trying to get a good photo is hard, the lighting isn't optimal and of course it's swarming with people there.

Our friend Sherry's quilt! Woo hoo Sherry!


Checkerboards and Chocolate Stars by Mary Kay Davis. She's also in the Neutrals book, and she's using her leftovers here! Nice work!




Feather Fulfillment by Judy Ohrt of Marysville.

Shooting the Metolus by Robin Ryan of Bend, Oregon. She won the wallhanging competition for best machine workmanship. I just loved these fish. This is on of two fish quilts I saw by Robin.

This piece was by Jennifer Mann of Oakland. The center black and white portion was made from one black and white African animal print.


Barbara Hillman, Pittsburg, CA.. After the Rain. I loved the bee on this quilt, it was dimensional and kind of fuzzy. Very cool.


I love the story of this quilt. You should be able to enlarge that photo to read about it.




This piece was really amazing. This is the back.

This is the front. The front is much more black looking when I see it with my eyeballs, but the camera really picks up the thread colors. Isn't that interesting? It was quite black, at least to me anyway. Renee Haddidin won First Place in Traditional Quilts for her entry Sugar and Spice.
Judy Mathieson won First Place Innovative for her Expanding Star. She's the queen of Mariner's Compass style blocks!!
Table Scraps by Roberta Walker. She says that the quilting is done with a darning needle and cotton knitting yarn. Wow.
Baskets, I love baskets. Jan Soules, Baskets 101.

Halloween Haunts by Nadine Kirk

Jody Rusconi, Running with Scissors. She got a kick start, she says, from Jean Wells at Asilomar. Jody, it did make me smile!

This sweet otter quilt is by Kathy McNeil. It's called Finder's Keepers. I loved this quilt, I tried for some close ups, there is netting and shiny threads, but my pictures didn't turn out. Really lovely.

So that my friends, is my visit to PIQF.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Struggling to write a comment that doesn't contain expletives. So I'll ad-lib it.

Holy _______... all those quilts are _________ amazing! The m&m one was _____ awesome. That's stickin' it to the _________ _______ suits! I _________ love it!

Great show PKM! And now I must nap.

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh, some quilts I didn't see here. Love the flowers & bee one : )

4:23 PM  
Blogger Mar said...

Oh good you got names!! I see we focused in on some of the same! Thanks Pam.

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - these are just spectacular!

7:29 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Wow.... what else is there to say?

8:00 PM  
Blogger Joan said...

What great quilts--thanks for posting all the pics and info.
Joan

3:50 AM  
Blogger Camille said...

Those are some seriously mind blowing quilts!! I will admit it though, I really don't get the M&M one- talk about a LOT of work!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Thanks so much for sharing those pictures Pam. I didn't get to go to PIQF after all, and was really bummed out. Those quilts are just off the chart.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Sugar and Spice...and the darning needle and thread quilt is wonderful!

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Pam, for including my pineapple star quilt in your photo collection. You got a better shot of it than I did! Love the other quilts too.
Sherry

1:42 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Although most of those quilts are amazing, I am partial to the super funky cool one that looks like a collage-the one with the m&m wrappers, that's what they were, right?

8:35 AM  
Blogger Nan said...

Every quilt is a work of art - simply incredible! I feel so unworthy as a quilter now.....I think I'll slink off to my sewing machine and try to make amends.

8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love shows like this. All these quilts and projects are so awesome. It's amazing how much talent is out there. These are great pictures too.

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wasn't able to go to PIQF, I'm sorry I missed the chance to intoduce myself! Lovely photos, Gosh, they make me sorry i wasn't there in person....

2:37 PM  
Blogger Perry said...

Thank you for sharing these pictures. There is a lot of talent in these quilts. I bet it was wonderful to see them in person.

11:39 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Wow, I think Monica hit the nail on the head! :) So much talent oozing out of some people's pores...I'm not worthy!! :) Thanks for sharing and I'm glad you had a good time! :)

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older