Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Let's Get This Party Started

This is what it looked like when Elizabeth came and picked me up on Thursday for our flight! Spooky huh?
It was still dark when we got on the plane, our flight left right on time at 6am. We like to get our show on the road with the first flight of the day, that hopefully limits the chances of our luggage getting lost and gives us half a day to have some fun before the work begins. It's all fun, but we like a little pre-market fun.

The plane flew southward and you could see the smoke on the horizon. My heart goes out to all the people who have lost everything.
We had a great flight, got our luggage and headed out in our rental car to Old Town Spring. Had lunch at Guadalupe's (Guadalajara?) just as we'd hoped. Man was it ever good. No pictures of Spring this time, I was driving and just not comfortable trying to figure out where to go and shoot photos all at the same time. Texas was showing us some lovely weather too.

Back at the Hyatt, and really all over the downtown area, there was an amazing thing going on,Monarch butterflies flying all over between the buildings. I could see a lot of them from the hotel room window at the end of the day, the sun shining through their amazing wings like stained glass.

It's really all a blur tonight, I'm exhausted. Lots of people are posting photos, so check here, and here and here. Over the next few days Elizabeth and I will be showing off our photos as well. You may have seen photos at Cheryl's... I guess this is when I confess... I somehow managed to leave my camera battery at the hotel the first day. I KNOW. COULD I BE ANY WORSE??? I totally missed the photo op moment with Cheryl , Roseann and also Amy who came by. Plus just a whole day of pictures. I did day one on Elizabeth's camera.. so she can share those photos.


Thanks for taking me with you Elizabeth!!! I had a wonderful time.. Stay tuned, I'll be collecting my thoughts and photos on the show and the people and the parties.. not to mention CELEBS.

8 Comments:

Blogger Yokara said...

What a fantastic amazing pictures, photos and collections, thanks,
nice visit

2:31 AM  
Blogger Mar said...

I'm so happy you two are back, rest up so we can hear all about it! Missed you!

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rubbing my hands together in that excited cartoon way.... love that you're taking us on your trip right from the beginning!

PS... I'm so glad you're back. I've missed you!

8:15 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

More, more, more!

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missed you too. Can't wait to hear all the sizzling details.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Thimbleanna said...

Day TWO!! Hurry Please!!! ;-)

3:40 PM  
Blogger julieQ said...

Happy Halloween! Have Fun!!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

There aren't many things I like getting up early for, but trips are one of them.

The monarch butterflies sound so cool. especially in a city landscape.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older