Thursday, June 28, 2007

Morning Sky

Today is my layabout day. Not that I 'll actually lay about (or maybe I will) but I just plan on doing what I want. Maybe I'll sew. Maybe I won't.

The morning weather is typical for this time of year, cool and damp, so I took my new Mary Engelbriet out to the swing and indulged for a while, over coffee. Peep and Rocket came as well, but as soon as the squirrels left, they were done. Traitors. They only care about Bret now, and since he was still sleeping after a long night of working from home on a change control, (ew, business talk, sorry) they couldn't wait to go lay on their beds at the foot of ours, waiting for him to get up.

I took my camera this time, yesterday there were swarms of birds, but today, they were all hiding. (and probably waiting for someone they like better) Just as I was about to get up and come inside, a large white egret flew overhead.


Crap, I guess it's going to be one of those days.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha you crack me up! Have a great day of doing whatever!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Mary Anne said...

Well, it's a nice picture of the tree tops, anyway! I have a recent "just missed it" picture of 2 big , fat wild turkeys right outside my kitchen window eating bird seed that fell out of the feeder. DARN -- wish they hadn't run away as I was making too much noise opening the door and fiddling with the camera -- cause nobody believes me that they were there !

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, look at the pretty leaves. See -- half full! LOL! Enjoy your layabout day!

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to sit here, close my eyes, and picture a lovely "layabout" day - you've taken me on a mental vacation Pam! May the birds and squirrels return!

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed it IS one of those days!
Love,
anonymous

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older