Tuesday, June 19, 2007

If it quacks like a duck...

Good morning my peoples! How are you? I'm having a nice cool morning here, it's such a delicious treat after some hot days. The heat has been creeping up on me, it stays nice and cool inside and I just leave the windows open till all of a sudden it's stinking hot. I don't like it hot and I plan on complaining a lot about the heat this summer, so consider yourself warned.

Even though the weather has been hot (see, told you) in the late evening we are able to open the windows for some slightly cooler air. The dogs love it because they can hear every. little. thing. that goes on outside in the night. I think they take turns standing watch at the sliding door in our room to let us know, which is just an added bonus to us. If they manage somehow to sleep all night, they are up early letting us know there are squirrels running around. Thanks Peep and Rocket. I sure appreciate the warning.


Another thing bugging me is this guy. You can barely see him but he's a huge pain in my ...He's here ALL. THE. TIME. And he quacks. Like a duck. I spent two days looking for a duck he's so good at it. Because what would a duck be doing in a suburban neighborhood? And he's an early riser. Which we are not. So if he stays in the neighborhood he better watch out. I have a pocket full of rye and I'm not afraid to use it.

5 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Noooo! Just send him my way. It's better for him to be a muse for my next bird quilt than being turned into a pie.
Of course if Rocket wouldn't be allergic to it, that could save you money on all that fancy dog food you buy...

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you are lucky to have such fierce guard dogs! On super hot days you should get a few library books or magazines, grab a nice cool glass of iced tea and sit in the shade with your feet in a cold bucket of water. It is very refreshing!! We have a bird that sounds like a squeeky toy and it starts up at 5am. Maybe i'll threaten him with your pocket full of rye idea.

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is it? It looks so big!!! and he's a vantriloquist?
sounding like a duck? the nerve!!! I have missed all my peeps sooo much....thanks for stopping by...Jennifer

3:49 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Sounds like you have yourself a miner bird or a mocking bird. I actually like them. But I admit they don't respect the sleeping masses.

I'm going to complain about the heat A LOT too. Right there with you. Last year's heat rashes on my skin made me very cranky.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw this dog on tv today that quacked!!!!!!! It was the tiniest thing ever. It fit in a measuring cup. How would you like that in your house all day long quacking???

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older