Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Sew Tempting!


Yesterday was a nice day at the shop. Its always fun when we get some sweet customers. Like Karen.


She's always nice. And friendly. She popped in to pick some fabrics and to pick up the quilt she'd let us borrow.



She's made the matching bag and quilt for a co-worker having her first baby. What a cute combo, and what young hip mom wouldn't be excited to receive a gift lovingly made by a friend?



Karen made this darling pair using the Valori Wells pattern, Carry All Throw and Tote. The quilt is backed in a Minkee type backing, nice and soft for baby.

I feel lucky to know so many nice customers at the shop. Thanks Karen for letting me show you off!

8 Comments:

Blogger Angelina said...

That is the upside to working retail, even though it exposes you to some of the meanest and craziest people, it exposes you to way more cool and nice people than you'd ever otherwise meet.

I love the bag and quilt! The colors are totally edible.

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, I love the colors on the quilt! Too cute! And your shop looks wonderful: a place to get in serious trouble. Maybe someday I can get down there and visit! ~A :-)

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also love those color combos. What a treat for the baby.

5:02 PM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

You show all those lucious fabrics - and then I feel like I have to have some! And really, I don't think I need any more fabric.

Really cute stuff she made. Thanks for sharing.

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those fabrics are my style. Oh I hope I am as stylish a mom to be someday!! Don't tell my mom I said that. ^_- I sctually clled my fav local shop today to pay over the phone for a quilt top that had been top quilted- and I spent 15 minutes gabbing on the phone with my girlfriends who work there. How awesome is that?? So as a customer , I'd like to say hoe much I appreciate the wonderful staff that suports me!! Just like you Pam.

9:08 PM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

See, I love our little quilt shop in town and am thankful for one, period, but they don't carry the fabrics I LIKE! I want to shop at YOUR shop! Someday, someday. Cute bag and quilt. I really like Valori's fabrics and patterns.

8:01 AM  
Blogger You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

that is one sophisticated looking mama and baby get up.

Oooh what doesn't look great with Amy Butler fabric anyway?

12:08 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

What a cute combo and such yummy fabs! Wish that stuff was around when we were birthin' babies!

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older