Wednesday, May 30, 2007

After the weekend


I'm up with some yummy coffee first thing. Woke up way too early dreaming that the ceiling caved in. What's with that? I could not fall back to sleep so finally just got up and made the coffee. Its all overcast and delightfully gloomy here. Don't know if its supposed to last or not.


The long weekend was nice but fleeting, I can't even remember now what we did. Got a new treadmill, I do remember that. Bret hurt his back. I mowed the lawns. Crazy wild stuff like that. I know you're all filled with envy! Who wouldn't be?


Yesterday Frankie's friend Helena came out for the day. They met at Mills College, Frankie attended her first year of school there. "H" is still there, but it just wasn't for Frankie.


Here are my girls out back with the Peep and Rocket. I remember the first time H came to the house.. she'd never picked up a dog before and was totally wigged out by it. Now she picks up dogs all the time! We totally love her, she's our Homie and she has our back, and we have hers!

I also did some sewing, garment sewing. Mid-project my sewing machine has refused to do the basting stitch anymore. This has me in a mild panic, I don't know if this is the beginning of the end, kind of a sewing machine mental breakdown or what. I don't do a lot of basting, so that's not going to be a problem, but its supposed to baste. The button says so. I fear this a bit because one day while sewing at Alex's she told me that sewing machines wear out. I might not always have my Bernina 1260. So it's got me a little nervous.

So that's the news around here. What's your news?

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fix your 1260!!! You'll never find anything you like better. Your Bernina dealer can either get a circuit board or have one rebuilt. But, maybe the basting stitch is the only thing that will go. Quilters are eternal optimists!

7:49 AM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

I often wonder if my Elna will wear out. A few years ago I even bought a new light-bulb for fear it'd go out and I'd be unprepared. It's still ticking (and of course I have no idea where my spare light-bulb is). Such a bummer about your basting stitch!!!

My mom used to be like H used to be around dogs too. And now she acts like my brother's dog is a grandchild! LOL... Rocket's look on his face.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

That is so weird. I woke up early this morning convinced we were having an earthquake! It is starting to clear up here in Palo Alto, so you will surely have a sunny afternoon too!
What an adorable picture of the girls and the doggies!

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only one who appears even mildly wigged out would be Rocket...
I miss Peep...and Frankie, too.
Love,
anonymous

10:43 AM  
Blogger Sarah and Jack said...

I had a wierd dream last night too. I had thrifted a water pitcher worth $45,000! LOL

Maybe the machine needs to be cleaned and oiled?

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seem to recall something about, dare I say it, older Berninas (they're not OLD, they're CLASSIC!) and the basting stitch--something like one should use that stitch every once in a while or it will stop working. I've kept it in mind for my back-up 1090. I think it's an easy fix for the repair-person though.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got my Bernina, and I can't even think about the idea that it might wear out! My old White was still going strong. Although my very first machine, a House of Fabrics special, *did* wear out after 15 good years of service. Poor thing.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

When you talk like that Pam, you need to do three hail mary's, whisper it very quietly, and then throw a pound of salt over your shoulder.

Those girls are just so damn cute! Will my boy one day sit around with his good friends looking so cute? Or will he just be a stinky bachelor?!

About the machine though, I really feel in my bones that your career as a celebrity quilt-maker is going to take off soon and you can do endorsement spots for Bernina in exchange for a new machine or all the machine parts you could ever want or need!

It'll be fine.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Cally said...

so many cute dogs.

LOVE the rodeo signs!

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh God, if my Bernina died I would die along with it. Can't afford the new ones. Maybe yours just needs a good cleaning. I know I am about a year overdue having mine serviced. So hard to part with. Darling picture of Frankie & the little poochies. See you tomorrow!!

7:47 PM  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

The news is, I'm sooooooo busy, I don't know what to do first..what with the gardens and all....water, water,water,weed, weed, weed

darling girls

9:28 PM  
Blogger Ila K. said...

I feel your pain about your B1260. I recently took my 1230 in for service, and it hasn't been the same since :o( I should have taken my sister's advice and not let anyone touch it unless it absolutely will not work at all. Have you seen what these machines go for on EBay??!! I wish they still made them the way they used to...

Beautiful girls, beautiful pups, beautiful quilts. Just ... beautiful.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older