Monday, April 16, 2007

Summer in the City

Summer in the City is finally here. I've been waiting since Fall Market for it to show up. It's a million times better than I remember. Is that possible? Here are some photos from the shop today. I'm practically weeping over how positively darling this fabric is. So nice and fun and happy.



There are 40 bolts of fabric in this line, we have all of them. All of them!!! My photos don't even capture half I'm sure.



We spent a lot of time cutting kits. The Swatches pattern is limited edition, it contains a set of 2 1/2 inch swatches of each of the fabrics in the line. I've had my pattern and I've been waiting for the fabric. We just ordered another dozen patterns before they sell out. Seriously, I can't believe how stinken cute it is. I've been cutting strips all day and thinking "Gee this would look cute in a bag" and "Gee, I think I could make a cute top out of this" and "Gee, I'm thinking one quilt isn't enough out of this fabric" and then trying to decide just how much to get of extra pieces.





The pattern is so cute. I've got my pile of fabrics and that's my next project. (after Elizabeth's bag) Isn't the packaging darling! Melissa and Leslie had these sweet little baskets that perfectly match. I could just eat the whole thing its so good. Of course my photos don't do it justice so when I get my fabric all laid out you know I'll have to snap another (thousand) photos.


Because did I mention, I love this fabric?

18 Comments:

Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

I see your true colors shining through...

8:50 PM  
Blogger (Angie) Norththreads: said...

Im sooooooooo drooling!!!!!!!!!!!Your so lucky to work there!!

9:10 PM  
Blogger MichelleB said...

I'm wiping the drool from my keyboard. How many yards did you get? That is beautiful stuff. I would go broke if I worked there. I could never make more than I would spend.

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm FAH-REAKING OUT about that orange/white fabric on the bottom with the blue!!! Who makes that?H

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yummo...love the basket too (have some in red and love em).

7:28 AM  
Blogger laura capello said...

very fresh, totally cute indeed.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been searching and searching for an online shop that is selling anything but the charm packs!!! Darn, if I only I were closer to your cute little shop, I'd run in.....buy up some fabric....and we could head off for a lunch date together! ;)
Hugs~
Kim

8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What darling fabrics! Yes, cute tote, cute top, cute quilt!

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG. And every piece in the line too! Totally weeping with you.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I just got back from a quilting retreat, and one of the gals found two charm packs of Summer in the City and made a quilt top in a few hours! This fabric line is without a doubt, one of the prettiest, most unusual to come out in ages! If you click on my link, you can see a photo of Sara's quilt top, "Urban Chicks" made from this fabric group. I can't wait to see more things made up from this collection! I will definitely be checking out your kits!

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just made a quilt top with the charm sqaures , its posted on my site today. I don't know anyone who has this line in yet. I want to make another quilt with the fabrics right away!!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Angelina said...

I need to go to another quilt show. I missed the Seattle one. I need more fabric. You have made me hungry for more fabric.

Damn you woman!

(I don't really mean that. You know I don't.)

2:58 PM  
Blogger Mary Anne said...

GASPING for air !!!! How fresh and pretty those fabrics are !!!! Aren't you lucky to be at a shop that carries them all!! (when nobody's looking do you roll around on the floor with them and smother your face in them??? HA !)

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BLAST!
I was just heading over here when you beat me to it and left a comment on my blog before I arrived at yours!

The pictures of the fabric in this post are TOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!
B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.

Cherry xx

8:23 AM  
Blogger zabrina said...

Ooooh, I want it. They are gorgeous!!!!!!!! GIMME GIMME them!

10:19 AM  
Blogger The Chicken Lady said...

Do you like fabric or something? tee hee :)

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are so beautifully summer. I still wore my heavy wool coat yesterday so summer is still a distance away but I could certainly surround myself with fabric like this. At least to try to convince myself that summer is near.

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DARNIT! I almost wish I hadn't looked. LOVE it. Already scoutin internet sites where I can buy some cuz Lord knows I NEED MORE FABRIC!! ;-)

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older