Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Fun things about our visit.

You cannot take photos around quilt market for the most part so I have some random things that I thought were pretty funny. I hope you enjoy them as well. Over all I wasn' t totally thrilled by the photos, even though I took a million of them. But, better than a poke in the eye I guess.

Gina Halladay from Quilter's Buzz. She is totally a crack up. Totally. Check her out! She's doing a market review as well. Very interesting.


Here's Mark Lipinski from Quilter's Home Magazine. He's hilarious and inappropriate, which is of course why we really liked him. We had tracked him down to come by and finally on the last day he came!



This Pfaff truck pulled into the convention center. I could not believe how totally amazing this driver was. I watched him park this beautiful shiney clean truck and was awed by his skill. Inside was a Pfaff display.



The Hyatt welcomed us.. I wish they could have gotten their fire alarm situation taken care of, that would have been more of a welcome. Seriously.



This is the Mr. Coffee "Coffee Concepts" coffeemaker. Their "concept" of coffee is way different than mine. Thank goodness for the Starbucks downstairs.



One of the days we were out and about we went to Historic Springs, what a great little town. There is a quilt shop there that is CRAMMED with fabric. It looked small and not so quiltshoppy at the door but once you get past the first room I could not believe how much fabric there was. The next three photos are from the Shabby Rose.. OHMYGOSH, what an amazing store. I was tempted to buy a truck and start hauling stuff home. Julie tells us that you practically find this cool stuff laying on the side of the road. Seriously, no wonder there are so many cool houses from Texas featured in all the magazines.











The whole time I was thinking about the blog and how I'd take photos of this and that and how I'd post and blah blah blah. Then blogger and its road block filled ways nixed the whole thing. I took a million photographs of the Houston downtown skyline, but what I really love is all the stuff in front. Like Houston, way to give me a shout out with Target and Mahatma rice? And who doesn't love a Party Boy? I hope Party Boy isn't an "Adult" store, because let me tell you, that place is CRAMMED with them. Seriously, there are other hobbies Houston.









This place cracked me up. I was glad to have a chance to drive by it again and get a photo. Sorry to all of you who were hoping for fun quilt show photos. I was amazed by this cactus store. With a giant cactus in the middle, made out of galvanized pipe it looks like. My backseat photos aren't good but you get the idea.




Now look at this billboard. Does this not crack you up?



And Houston loves Veronica Mars. I love Veronica Mars. While we were waiting for the show there were tons of commercials about Casanova Nurse. I was thinking gee, you know, that must be some kind of show our local CW doesn't carry. Wonder what its all about..



Does this not crack you up? Because wow, this is pretty much one of my favorite things about Houston.

Julie tooks us to Guadalupe's for lunch the day we arrived and again on Friday. It was like the best lunch ever. And huge, I could not even eat it all. I'd like some of this right now.

Of course my big all time favorite was from Jax's. I'm hoping that's how you spelled it. I am still dreaming about the chicken salad there. Because it was that good, so if you're in the neighborhood, go and get some chickeny goodness. Its just a fun casual eating spot within a few miles of the downtown. Elizabeth had chicken fried chicken and that's the biggest chicken breast I ever saw so yeah, I guess it's true that everything is bigger in Texas.

This is Julie's chicken fried steak. I'd have tried that had I not had to have my chicken salad again.

Did I say BEST CHICKEN SALAD EVER? Because it was. I'd (almost) move to Texas to have this all the time.

But still Casanova Nurse is just about my favorite thing in Texas. Wow.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and Elizabeth look really cute in Texas. I want to go to Texas for the food and those gallon hats everyone is always talking about!

7:47 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

holy smokes, look at all that fried food!

sounds like you had a fun time.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Happy Zombie said...

I'm soooooooooooooo hungry! I would love to travel with you Pam... your priorities are just like mine!

5:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam - Cas is a friend of mine and I know he will LOVE seeing your post about him. What's funny is that I thought the SAME thing when I hear his name. It sounded vaguely "dirty!"

Dan Day

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older