Thursday, November 30, 2006

Craftivity!



Like so many others, Felicia Sullivan from Collins sent me Craftivity to review on my blog. And being a procrastinator, I've put it off far too long. My apologies Felicia. Hopefully just flashing the photo will remind people of this book and they'll put it on their holiday shopping list!
Craftivity is filled with 40 wonderful projects. While I'm sure I'm not the intended audience for Tsia Carlson's book, I still found several projects to interest me. Her knitting and crocheting instruction is clear and concise, well photographed. I am very interested in making the felt flower and even the skull! Probably not a surprise to any blog readers.
I think one thing that this book has to offer, even if you don't make a single project, is the supply information. I've been revisiting my crafting past, and there are so many new products available now. Like shrink plastic. Last I saw of shrink plastic was Shrinky Dinks from my daughter's childhood. Who knew they had a whole new life in an artists grade product. Or maybe they were there all along and I just found out. Either way, that's the kind of info I want. One thing I always have enjoyed is knowing how something is made, even if I never make it. My parents were makers of things, and maybe its hereditary, but my siblings and our children all love to create. We might not be great artists but making things is in our blood.
You know who is really going to love this book is my daughter. Its got the kind of projects that she'll like, and when she's looking at this book she'll see instructions how to stretch her crocheting skills or maybe even start with some knitting. Or maybe she'll be jonesing for some more Shrinky Dink action! I don't know but I'm sure she'll be inspired to start thinking about crafting, and to me, that's what it's all about.
Inspiration. Craftivity's got it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angelina said...

I have heard lots of good things about this book. I think I'll check it out at the bookstore.

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older