Sunday, October 08, 2006

Everyday inspiration


A couple of weeks ago I picked up these paint cards at the hardware store. I was on some other mission that ended up taking me past the Martha Stewart Paint display and they caught my eye. I love Martha, I've loved her since I was pregnant with Frankie, sitting home on maternity leave, waiting those last two weeks before her arrival and watching endless hours of daytime TV. (The grammar police will soon be here, look at all those commas.. yikes I hear the sirens now.) Martha came on our local PBS channel with her Thanksgiving special and I was hooked. I have the Fire King to prove it.

I have tried and tried since I picked these cards up, to get a good photo of them. Did I brag too much about my picture taking skills, is that why I am unable to get a nice clear shot? I love the soft colors. Normally I don't like green with aqua, but I see how they're so artfully chosen my gal Martha and it opens possibilities that I didn't consider before.


I've been working on my fun knitted purse from Laughing Hens and it's almost done. Now I need a new project, particularly since I am off to Quilt Market and there will be times when I need to keep busy but still chat. Something to pick up and then put down. I went on a mission to find some yarn and look what I ended up with. I think I'll make a new purse just like the one I am making now because I haven't had my fill of that picot edge.


My recent fabric purchases fresh from my cutting table where I carelessly tossed them. (I mean seriously, am I even using the table now?? ) I didn't even really think about these purchases, at least in relationship to the cards, but somehow, those colors are just on my mind. I'll save this pile and hope for a project to come along. (or possibly pile it all back on the table, sigh. )

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the paint colors. Soft & dreamy. Seaside colors, robins egg blue, minty greens, soft yellows. Pretty yarns & fabrics as well. Do you have a particular painting project in mind?

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes piles of bits, and clippings, and "wish lists" are as good as a real deal finished project!
...my life is a series of "inspiration piles"....that is a nice way of saying..."pretty cans of worms"!!!

xoxo jenny

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you going to paint your sewing room those colors? you can't! they are to close to my room color! you copy cat!!!!!!

3:25 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

Seeing those paint chips tempts me to change all my color choices for my house. No, I need brighter colors for most of it. But, YUM! I love Martha colors. Oh yeah, and her projects are cool too.

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems to work that way- you start seeing little patterns of choices because you don't even realize how much you are liking something. I am doing that with yellow right now but it has to be the right yellow. I love the paint colors and they look great with the yarn.

5:13 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

i agree... green and aqua typically don't "work"; leave it to martha and her team of geniuses.

(and yes, the tv is back on and the children are basking in its ever-loving glow.)

6:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the paint samples you have,Martha has such nice colours doesn't she? I like your fabric samples too,what kind of quilt will you be doing?
pippi
http://whitepicketfence.typepad.com/

1:38 PM  
Blogger Cally said...

Very nice paint colours indeed, like ice cream.

Just wanted to say hi and thanks for posting a comment on my blog, it's nice to 'meet' new names and peek at their blogs :0)

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older