Tuesday, September 26, 2006

A little something new.

Back when I first discovered the Kitty Craft site and I was having PamKittyMornings right and left, I saw this tool. Ok, I'll be honest, I saw it but Elizabeth really read all about it and got us all excited about it. The Kitty site says it's for "Prickling" and lets face it, don't we all want to prickle something? I know I do. I wish I could get the exact quote but I can't select anything on KittyCraft so it will have to wait. (Oh come on, you know you want to prickle, don't deny it.)
We finally got the tools in at the shop, of course they were on back-order. Lets face it, all the cool kids are doing it. I prickled a few things, but you know me an my attention span.. I set it aside and didn't pick it back up till the new Indygo Junction book called Needle Felting came out and I saw the cool cherry pin. The book is kind of a dud in my mind, as far as projects go. Just not my thing. But it had a lot of good information and techniques so I'm glad I picked it up. This weekend Bird Brain was at the show and I picked up some wool roving from them. They've got some really fun wool things there, I mean wait till you see that squirrel. I just scored some tiny styrofoam balls for my cherries so I have everything I need to get going. I'd rather sit here and visit with you though. Then, before I prickle anything, I'm finishing those blocks.
Seriously, I am.

4 Comments:

Blogger PamKittyMorning said...

Oh, don't you just love how Blogger decided to format that?

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you like that new tool? I've only done needle felting with the needles and a big piece of foam. I spin wool, so I have lots of roving. I saw that Clover tool somewhere and wondered about it. I like needlefelting and think that might make it a tad less dangerous (I have "prickled" my finger a couple of times...). Those Bird Brain gals are so darn nice!

7:55 PM  
Blogger laura capello said...

Does prickling involve sticking pins into someone's skin? Because I could definately go for that.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Angelina said...

My really good friend Lucille felts fairy dolls and Halloween pins (you can see her stuff on her website if you google "Forest Whimsy") and I helped put the mary jane shoes on the dolls once when she was in a mad rush to finish an order and needed help. It's pretty fun, but kind of tricky too. I don't think I'll be taking it up as a regular craft, but I admit I want to make cherries too. I hope you post the results when you get to them!

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



Newer›  ‹Older